Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
M. Jordan Williams

What is the most used drum brand in Kentucky?

Drums  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you use?

• Yamaha
    • Pearl
    • Dynasty
    • Ludwig
    • Premier
    • Mapex

Dixie uses Classic Red Pearls. Tates Creek uses Yamahas with a "custom" black drum wrap which is actually made out of laminated wrapping paper.

Red Pearls. Remo Drumheads. Innovative Percussion Sticks. Pearl FTW!

Central has red yamaha drums with black hardwear. i see alot of pearl, and i think eastern had ludwig drums

Hey Tiny, were you talking about Central Hardin? If so, you should have mentioned how OLD the drums are.........................lol.

Well anyway, Central does use Yamaha. Butler has all Pearl. LaRue uses Pearl snares and basses but Yamaha tenors, (it's a long story).

Surprising- I see no Dynasty lines, nor can I think of any Kentucky lines who use Dynasty. Anyone know of a Kentucky Dynasty user?

Hey Tiny, were you talking about Central Hardin? If so, you should have mentioned how OLD the drums are.........................lol.

Well anyway, Central does use Yamaha. Butler has all Pearl. LaRue uses Pearl snares and basses but Yamaha tenors, (it's a long story).

I think he was talking about Mad Cent?

Red pearl drums = heaven

I've always loved Pearl and Gretsch. <3

Mapex and Yamaha are personal favs of mine. Not only in drumlines but on the kits i've piddled around on they generally sounded better than the pearls

I mainly like them for Kits, and I haven't exactly heard any other brand other than Pearl in marching band

I mainly like them for Kits, and I haven't exactly heard any other brand other than Pearl in marching band

http://www.jupitermusic.com/jbi_ColorSelector.aspx

Choose Blue Galaxy Sparkle Burst for the shell and Black for the hardware. Pretty sweet drums and they sound nice too.

As for Yamaha drums, a lot lines use them. Before Boyle got a whole Pearl line donated to them we had Yamaha. Fairly cheap but good quality. Replacement parts didn't cost you an arm and a leg when a certain somebody breaks a rim, or a clicker, or a lug nut or three. :whistle:

http://www.jupitermu...orSelector.aspx

Choose Blue Galaxy Sparkle Burst for the shell and Black for the hardware. Pretty sweet drums and they sound nice too.

As for Yamaha drums, a lot lines use them. Before Boyle got a whole Pearl line donated to them we had Yamaha. Fairly cheap but good quality. Replacement parts didn't cost you an arm and a leg when a certain somebody breaks a rim, or a clicker, or a lug nut or three. :whistle:

or drum head.... :rolleyes:

East uses Yamaha SFZ drums with Evans MX Heads (MX1's for basses, Evans MX Hybrid grey heads for snares, and Evans System Blue drumheads for tenors) in Midnight Blue. They look amazing. :D