Kentucky Marching Network

What is the most used drum brand in Kentucky?

Drums  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you use?

• Yamaha
    • Pearl
    • Dynasty
    • Ludwig
    • Premier
    • Mapex

• 1 month later...
Central has red yamaha drums with black hardwear. i see alot of pearl, and i think eastern had ludwig drums

Hey Tiny, were you talking about Central Hardin? If so, you should have mentioned how OLD the drums are.........................lol.

Well anyway, Central does use Yamaha. Butler has all Pearl. LaRue uses Pearl snares and basses but Yamaha tenors, (it's a long story).

Hey Tiny, were you talking about Central Hardin? If so, you should have mentioned how OLD the drums are.........................lol.

Well anyway, Central does use Yamaha. Butler has all Pearl. LaRue uses Pearl snares and basses but Yamaha tenors, (it's a long story).

I think he was talking about Mad Cent?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mainly like them for Kits, and I haven't exactly heard any other brand other than Pearl in marching band

http://www.jupitermusic.com/jbi_ColorSelector.aspx

Choose Blue Galaxy Sparkle Burst for the shell and Black for the hardware. Pretty sweet drums and they sound nice too.

As for Yamaha drums, a lot lines use them. Before Boyle got a whole Pearl line donated to them we had Yamaha. Fairly cheap but good quality. Replacement parts didn't cost you an arm and a leg when a certain somebody breaks a rim, or a clicker, or a lug nut or three. :whistle:

http://www.jupitermu...orSelector.aspx

Choose Blue Galaxy Sparkle Burst for the shell and Black for the hardware. Pretty sweet drums and they sound nice too.

As for Yamaha drums, a lot lines use them. Before Boyle got a whole Pearl line donated to them we had Yamaha. Fairly cheap but good quality. Replacement parts didn't cost you an arm and a leg when a certain somebody breaks a rim, or a clicker, or a lug nut or three. :whistle:

or drum head.... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

East uses Yamaha SFZ drums with Evans MX Heads (MX1's for basses, Evans MX Hybrid grey heads for snares, and Evans System Blue drumheads for tenors) in Midnight Blue. They look amazing. :D