Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
Kubrick

Who's planning on coming out again?

We're still trying to decide, but I'm interested in knowing who is coming out this upcoming season- and what kinds of shows would you like to see or produce?

Dixie Heights should be returning to competition; I'd like to see them take a step up to Open class, but they'll probably start out in A. Campbell County should also return as well.

I know we're in the process of deciding what to do and are in the dillema of figuring out what's best..

Come out with a product that would be decent, and use the experience to build everybody for the following fall and winter...or...

Wait a year, do a private ensemble program, and put out an exceptional product the following winter season.

An indoor group this year is the best thing you can do to produce a great indoor group next year. It's almost a fact of life that no indoor group does incredibly well their first year out.

An indoor group this year is the best thing you can do to produce a great indoor group next year. It's almost a fact of life that no indoor group does incredibly well their first year out.

we came out this past season, first time in 2yrs with new staff and with good results...

1st in SB by 11pts- by class.

2nd SB Finals, 3rd Overall (SA/SB) Finals, if you're judging by scores.

The question is in the way we approach it and deciding whichever will be more beneficial for the students.

I'm personally okay with either one.

Although I do agree that neither is a bad way to approach it, I wish Dixie would have done an indoor line every year instead of every other year. You might just want to talk to the kids and see what they think.

Probably will.

Either way, we're playing. They'll have to decide whether we're competing or just holding a winter ensemble kind of deal

Awesome. It'd be nice to see you all come back.

So who else is showing up?

It looks like LaRue, Central Hardin and Butler will all be returning in PSCA.

There may be a "numbers" problem at LaRue, causing us to sit out, but I really hope we are able to compete again.

this year rockcastle will have another indoor drumline (i think). and hopefully we'll b competing

SPEED Percussion will not be coming out.

Can't handle the pressure of being second best?

I have no respect for SPEED, just a Snare indoor line with pit and tenor and bass accompaniment.

Can't handle the pressure of being second best?

I have no respect for SPEED, just a Snare indoor line with pit and tenor and bass accompaniment.

That's saying a lot coming from someone who says there going to try out every year for indoor groups and drum corps and whatever, and then never does.

That's saying a lot coming from someone who says there going to try out every year for indoor groups and drum corps and whatever, and then never does.

owned

And alot of the respect I had for you I just lost. Many of my friends were involved with Speed, as well as some great great kids. If you have a problem with them I guess that is fine, but much like John Harris it is too bad you can't let some things go.

A percussion ensemble is more than a snare line, as I said before. I can't respect a line that puts so much emphasis on one section.

I've only said I was going to audition for TCIE last year and this coming season. Last season I did not because we at East Jessamine decided to have one and I wrote and taught the show there.

A percussion ensemble is more than a snare line, as I said before. I can't respect a line that puts so much emphasis on one section.

I've only said I was going to audition for TCIE last year and this coming season. Last season I did not because we at East Jessamine decided to have one and I wrote and taught the show there.

haha, part of the show, my friend. the drill!

luffs joo!!!

as for everything else said...

everybody's entitled to their own opinion...and nobody technically has to do anything...some things are just more of a common courtesy towards others

And alot of the respect I had for you I just lost. Many of my friends were involved with Speed, as well as some great great kids. If you have a problem with them I guess that is fine, but much like John Harris it is too bad you can't let some things go.

Hey Al. First of all, I at least had the balls to say I was wrong. Then I said I WOULD "let it go". And, since you don't even know what was at issue, thanks for a comment that appears to make me look like a jerk.

Also, I don't remember me EVER "chiming in" with any negative comments concerning ANYONE'S percussion program, Speed or otherwise.

Have a nice day.

John

however, there is nothing wrong with not enjoying another group. although i might respect the effort that goes into a production, and the effort that the members give..

i do Not have to like what they do or produce.

Hey Al. First of all, I at least had the balls to say I was wrong. Then I said I WOULD "let it go". And, since you don't even know what was at issue, thanks for a comment that appears to make me look like a jerk.

Also, I don't remember me EVER "chiming in" with any negative comments concerning ANYONE'S percussion program, Speed or otherwise.

Have a nice day.

John

John, you're my Hero of the day.

Eh, wrote part of the show (drill) and taught the whole show.

But I'm not one to argue semantics. /sarcasm

John, you're my Hero of the day.

Thanks,

I didn't really mean to "go off" like that but I can't understand why Al would even bring that comment up again.

Not only did I say I was wrong but I have spoken with Seth concerning the comment and it is DEFINITELY behind me. Also, one of Speed's tenors last spring was a LaRue County alum.

SO..........................life goes on.................lol.

agreed

As an interesting "side note"........................

if Speed doesn't go out and Seth gets the chance to do a winter line with Taylor, the much talked about Dixie/Taylor faceoff might become a reality.

Could become a great rivalry.

As an interesting "side note"........................

if Speed doesn't go out and Seth gets the chance to do a winter line with Taylor, the much talked about Dixie/Taylor faceoff might become a reality.

Could become a great rivalry.

EDIT

Edited by South Central Fan