Kentucky Marching Network

I'm just going to continue what Kaitlyn did

A:

Beechwood HS - "The Blueprint"

Williamstown HS - "On the Air"

McLean HS - "Journey of a Man" - Part I: Man/Youth; Part II: Flying; Part III: Youth

Murray HS - "Targeted"

AA:

Green County HS - "History of Communication" Rite of Spring, Journey of Man, Bandancing, 1000 Airplanes on a roof

Washington County HS - "Fast Track" Frank Sullivan

Glasgow HS - "The Machines" by Gary Gilroy

Metcalfe HS - "House of Funk" - Brickhouse; Tell Me Something Good; Play That Funky Music

AAA:

Adair Co. HS - "Story People"

Boyle County HS - "Lasers" - Bluecoats 2007 "Criminal"

Boyd HS - "Conspiracy Theory" - I. FBI Files; II. Paranoia; III. Revelation; IV. Big Brother

Holmes HS - "The Journey of a Man" - I. Journey; II. Reflection; III. Celebration

Wayne Co HS - "Leitmotif" - Themes by Robert Rawlings, freely adapted and arranged by Brad Pearson

AAAA:

Madisonville North Hopkins HS - "Connect Us"

Allen Co-Scottsville - "Primary Colors" music by John Meehan - Blue; Yellow; Black & White; Red

South Oldham - "Rise of the Dragon"

West Jessamine - "From the Ashes"

Knox Central HS - "Mancini" the music of Henry Mancini - Pink Panther Remix; Moon River; Peter Gunn

Madison Souther HS - "Rectangularity" inspired by the artwork of Piet Mondrian

AAAAA:

Paul Laurence Dunbar HS - "Multiples of One"

North Hardin HS - "Radiant Joy"

Bryan Station HS - "The Year of Equus"

Campbell Co - "Grecian Festivals"

Eastern HS - "A Concert"

Graves Co HS - "Metal" - Mvt 1. Iron; Mvt 2. Gold; Mvt 3. Silver

Grayson Co HS - "Stained Glass"

Henderson Co - "Patriot Voices"

Not Participating in KMEA SMBC:

Jeffersontown HS - "Up Close & Personal"

Pleasure Ridge Park HS - "IV" - "Four" by John Fannin; Foreshadow; Forbids; Forgives; Forever

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard Beechwood's show is really tough this year. I kinda hope they pull it off but then again it would be good for their ego to not make it to finals.

OK. I've been patiently waiting for the Dunbar and/or Lafayette revelations. I figure each school has effectively threatened their students about revealing their show themes, so I asked Lafayette stud

That video of dunbar is sweet. Very cool and nice marching already. Always wished I could've rehearsed on a parking lot at some point, it looks so simple.

Thanks Michael! I knew that there were several others already mentioned in the thread, I just didn't feel like sifting through 5 pages of debate to find 2 pages of shows. :) I figured I'd just update it when Kyband was updated, lol.

A:

Campbellsville HS - "Harmonious Blend"

Lexington Christian Academy - "Breaking Free" - Music of Pat Metheny: Heat of Day; Letter from Home; First Circle

McLean HS - "Journey of a Man" - Part I: Man/Youth; Part II: Flying; Part III: Youth

Murray HS - "Targeted" - Music by John Powell & Matt Hightower

Russellville HS - "Skylines" - A Day in the Big City

Williamstown HS - "On the Air" - Candide Overture; First Circle; Bohemian Rhapsody

AA:

Green County HS - "History of Communication" - Rite of Spring; Journey of Man; Bandancing; 1000 Airplanes on a Roof

Metcalfe HS - "House of Funk" - Brickhouse; Tell Me Something Good; Play That Funky Music

Powell Co HS - "The Piano Man"

Sheldon Clark HS - "Rhapsody in Red, White and Blue" - Strike up the Band; Fanfare for the Common Man; Rhapsody in Blue

AAA:

Boyd HS - "Conspiracy Theory" - I. FBI Files; II. Paranoia; III. Revelation; IV. Big Brother

Hart Co - Phobias - A John Fannin Production

Highlands HS - "Cityscape"

Holmes HS - "The Journey of a Man" - I. Journey; II. Reflection; III. Celebration

Wayne Co HS - "Leitmotif" - Themes by Robert Rawlings, freely adapted and arranged by Brad Pearson

AAAA:

Allen Co-Scottsville - "Primary Colors" music by John Meehan - Blue; Yellow; Black & White; Red

Knox Central HS - "Mancini" the music of Henry Mancini - Pink Panther Remix; Moon River; Peter Gunn

Madison Southern HS - "Rectangularity" inspired by the artwork of Piet Mondrian

Pulaski Co HS - "Reverberations"

AAAAA:

Bryan Station HS - "The Year of Equus" - Equus, Mare & Foal, Photo Finish

Eastern HS - "A Concert"

Lafayette HS - "Chime"

Montgomery CO - "The First Snow Day!"

Ryle HS - "Sahara"

Pleasure Ridge Park HS - "IV" - "Four" by John Fannin; Foreshadow; Forbids; Forgives; Forever

--------------------

Random thing Ive noticed: I am seeing several bands playing the same song. I hope they are arranged differently, I know it sucks to play the same song as someone else, haha.

Edited by Kaitlyn

LCA and Wtown...both playin first circle. Why do I all of a sudden feel that at semi finals, one will go on right before the other?

My thoughts exactly. And it's possible, since they are East and West....

Random thing Ive noticed: I am seeing several bands playing the same song. I hope they are arranged differently, I know it sucks to play the same song as someone else, haha.

Just as long as there aren't 17 bands all playing Pirates of The Caribbean like what happened back in the 2004 season. :blink: Jeez that was awful.

Just as long as there aren't 17 bands all playing Pirates of The Caribbean like what happened back in the 2004 season. :blink: Jeez that was awful.

Or Jeckyll and Hyde in 2005. :wacko:

That was even worse

Adding Corbin in AAA

Magnetic: Repelling, Attracting, Attaching

That sounds like it's going to be really cool. I hope Mr. Cornn puts as much effect into it as he did with last year's show (that was one of my favorites for the whole year, especially toward the end).

A:

Campbellsville HS - "Harmonious Blend"

Cumberland Co HS - "Matchpoint"

Lexington Christian Academy - "Breaking Free" - Music of Pat Metheny: Heat of Day; Letter from Home; First Circle

Murray HS - "Targeted" - Music by John Powell & Matt Hightower

Russellville HS - "Skylines" - A Day in the Big City

Williamstown HS - "On the Air" - Candide Overture; First Circle; Bohemian Rhapsody

AA:

Green County HS - "History of Communication" - Rite of Spring; Journey of Man; Bandancing; 1000 Airplanes on a Roof

Powell Co HS - "The Piano Man"

Sheldon Clark HS - "Rhapsody in Red, White and Blue" - Strike up the Band; Fanfare for the Common Man; Rhapsody in Blue

AAA:

Hart Co - "Phobias" - A John Fannin Production

Corbin - "Magnetic" - Repelling; Attracting; Attaching

Highlands HS - "Cityscape"

Lone Oak HS - "Scheherazade"

AAAA:

Greenwood HS - "Le Carnaval des Animaux" - music of Saint-Saens

Harrison Co - "Crossroads"

Madison Southern HS - "Rectangularity" inspired by the artwork of Piet Mondrian

Paul G. Blazer HS - "Night Watch"

Pulaski Co HS - "Reverberations"

AAAAA:

Bryan Station HS - "The Year of Equus" - Equus, Mare & Foal, Photo Finish

Eastern HS - "A Concert"

Lafayette HS - "Chime"

Montgomery CO - "The First Snow Day!"

Ryle HS - "Sahara"

Edited by Kaitlyn

Adding Corbin in AAA

Magnetic: Repelling, Attracting, Attaching

I am super excited to see this show. Like, 16 days is much too long for me to wait...

That sounds like it's going to be really cool. I hope Mr. Cornn puts as much effect into it as he did with last year's show (that was one of my favorites for the whole year, especially toward the end).

I agree with you, Corbin's show last year, was probably my favorite show, it was well designed and executed well. I look for great things to come from them this year! GO CORBIN! :)

I have heard from several sources that Daviess County is playing Quidam...... Facebook confirms... lol.

Also, Steph, Murray State is playing Glee's version/Glee Inspired of Journey's Faithfully, Don't Stop Believing, Any Way You Want It, and Seperate Ways as part of their finals show at FOC. In that order.

Edited by DUSTnTHAwind

Sorry, but i liked compairing the different bands in 2004 with the Pirates Show. It wasn't awful, it was pretty cool to see and hear the different ways it could be performed.

Sorry, but i liked compairing the different bands in 2004 with the Pirates Show. It wasn't awful, it was pretty cool to see and hear the different ways it could be performed.

It got pretty awful when I was at one competition and (no exaggeration at all here) 7 bands played a Pirates show. I remember our director at the time made a comment that he hoped to never have to hear that music again and I secretly made an arrangement of The Black Pearl and as a joke we pulled it out one day during concert band and started playing it. Oh the memories of high school band... :laughing:

I love Quidam!! and Cirque in general.

Allen County had one of their best years when they did it.

It's about time a band like Daiviess plays its music. :)

Actually several bands in the last few years have had success with Quidam.

I.E. Muhlenberg South 4th in State finals 2A 2006

Rowan County 3rd in State finals 4A 2006 and Allen Co as you say. I don't know wherethey place.

Quidam is a very, very powerful show that displays lots of emotion. I loved it.

I honestly expect Daviess Co to be in the runnings for the Top 4. My home band may kill me for saying that, but It is just how I feel.