Kentucky Marching Network

1A Predictions! Who do you think is going to come out on top?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping the best for Lee County. I can't stand Mayfield's shows.

i noticed at Dixie's home show that williamstown left right away and didnt say congrats to beechwood or PLD....they have some class...not!

I want to say Williamstown, Murray, and Beechwood will be 1-3 and Hazard, Mayfield, and Nicholas County will be 4-6, and I'm just really not sure of the order between them.

Beechwood's show is extremely tough and the seniors this year are the rookies from '06 so they want to win badly. I heard that they are doing very well for where theyexpected to be though. The band will not have a drumline this year they are experimenting with just front ensemble and the parts the pit has are pretty ridiculous. They will carry the show. I hope they do very well this year. Their parent preview is Saturday.

Beechwood's show is extremely tough and the seniors this year are the rookies from '06 so they want to win badly. I heard that they are doing very well for where theyexpected to be though. The band will not have a drumline this year they are experimenting with just front ensemble and the parts the pit has are pretty ridiculous. They will carry the show. I hope they do very well this year. Their parent preview is Saturday.

Ugh. Bands with no drumline frustrate me. It's Beechwood though so I'll cut them some slack. :)

Experimenting with out a drum line? Ok, sorry, but Beechwood just let me down.

• Upvote 1

I just saw Williamstown's show on youtube from the mark twain preview show and all i can say is wow... i love the show (and no offense meant, i haven't really liked their shows the past couple years). The drill and music is rather clean for this early in the season even for them. The only major thing that i saw wrong with it was the foot timing on the sincopated craziness at the end from bohemian rhapsody. Overall i can't wait to see them later this year. Probably my favorite show i've seen this year.

• Upvote 3

I just saw Williamstown's show on youtube from the mark twain preview show and all i can say is wow... i love the show (and no offense meant, i haven't really liked their shows the past couple years). The drill and music is rather clean for this early in the season even for them. The only major thing that i saw wrong with it was the foot timing on the sincopated craziness at the end from bohemian rhapsody. Overall i can't wait to see them later this year. Probably my favorite show i've seen this year.

I agree with this except for the part about the shows. I loved last years show, even though it was cheasy beyond reason. Lol. I also loved their 2006 show, which still remains the best spanish show I've seen. Lol. Other than that, I agree fully.

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping the best for Lee County.

I can't stand Mayfield's shows.

• Upvote 2

[sarcasm] Wow, Mrs. Bertha, it's a pleasure to read the comments of someone who marched with our program so far back in the day. I do have one question, though: how is it that you marched from 1921-1924 when our first marching band didn't take the field until 1926? [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, listen up, troll: it's not cool to put Murray High in your signature if you're not one of us, particularly if you're going to say rude things about other programs. And how do I know you're not one of my kids? Two reasons: first, I teach them to act better than that, and second, I doubt any of my kids has even heard of Lee County... they're not really close to us geographically.

So, how about we edit that signature real quick? Or else just delete that account?

• Upvote 3

And maybe you can confirm this, I asked Laura, Mr. Greggs wife, if he was retiring and I couldn't get a straight answer, but I heard he's retiring after this year. Is this true? I hope not. :( It was a sad day when he retired from Harrison...

I can't confirm that at all. Mr Gregg is "retiring" every year. So who knows, lol.

I can say that I've heard that as well, but then again I've heard it for the last 5 years at least.

I doubt even he knows for sure.

I can't confirm that at all. Mr Gregg is "retiring" every year. So who knows, lol.

I can say that I've heard that as well, but then again I've heard it for the last 5 years at least.

I doubt even he knows for sure.

I can confirm. I was talking to one of the students on youtube the other day. He is retiring and they aren't going to Nationals this year. =( But, who know's. He retired once from Harrison County back in the 80's, then came back after our band took a downfall the next year. So, the student said he is retiring, but who know's if he'll actually stay away? Lol. Him and his wife are exactly the same when it comes to that. She was my 7th and 8th grade director, and she was supposed to retire my 8th grade year. well, its been 5 years going on 6. Lol. I haven't seen her leave yet. Mr. and Mrs. Gregg wouldn't know what to do without teaching music in their lives.

I saw Williamstown on you tube at the preview show, I know its early but I really didn't like it, Its not the Williamstown I'm used too, If I'm not mistaken Hazard did the same song selection last year I think its "First Circle" Class A will be fun to watch this year, I think Williamstown will come on top but will Hazard take the # 2 spot, where will Murray and Beechwood be, Also can't overlook Nicholas and Mayfield, Let the war begin! Anyone seen Hazard, Beechwood, Murray, Nicholas and Mayfield let me know!

I saw Williamstown on you tube at the preview show, I know its early but I really didn't like it, Its not the Williamstown I'm used too, If I'm not mistaken Hazard did the same song selection last year I think its "First Circle" Class A will be fun to watch this year, I think Williamstown will come on top but will Hazard take the # 2 spot, where will Murray and Beechwood be, Also can't overlook Nicholas and Mayfield, Let the war begin! Anyone seen Hazard, Beechwood, Murray, Nicholas and Mayfield let me know!

The reason that its not the Williamstown we all know is because this is the most difficult show Bob Gregg has ever put out on a field and this is coming from his own mouth. I thought Festival of Royals back in 1999 was difficult, but supposedly this is even more. But, in the end Williamstown will pull it off. They always do. Their show this year is my favorite from them. Their Bohemian Rhapsody gave me chills even watching the video. I can't wait to see this in person. I also want to see Nicholas. I'd love to see them back in finals. But I also have love for Murray and Hazard. Idk how Beechwood will turn out without their drum line, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

1. Williamstown

2. Beechwood

3. Murray

4. Hazard

5. Lee County

6. Mayfield

7. Nicholas County

8. Lexington Christian Academy

9. Paris

10. Harlan

11. Owensboro Catholic

12. McLean County

13. Pineville

14. Ballard Memorial

15. Cumberland County

16. Crittenden County

I seen Caverna perform this year, and they have a VERY small band. Which in KMEA almost rules them out of going anywhere, but they had a pretty awesome show. Music of John Williams, and with a little cleaning, they could be in the 16th spot. Unless I'm severely underestimating Crittenden County.

I'm hoping the best for Lee County.

I can't stand Mayfield's shows.

Also, I wouldn't suggest trolling posts with Lee county in the message.

1. Williamstown

2. Beechwood

3. Murray

4. Hazard

5. Lee County

6. Mayfield

7. Nicholas County

8. Lexington Christian Academy

9. Paris

10. Harlan

11. Owensboro Catholic

12. McLean County

13. Pineville

14. Ballard Memorial

15. Cumberland County

16. Crittenden County

with only 2 kids that have ever stepped on a field i dont lee county will make 5th.

with only 2 kids that have ever stepped on a field i dont lee county will make 5th.

It can happen. Even if they don't place fifth, I still think it's pretty plausible to see at least 8th or 9th. Never underestimate the ability of experienced marchers to get the newcomers going quickly.

Edit: By the way, since that is your first post, welcome to the forums. I really wish your first post weren't a troll post, though.

Edited by Tim

It can happen. Even if they don't place fifth, I still think it's pretty plausible to see at least 8th or 9th. Never underestimate the ability of experienced marchers to get the newcomers going quickly.

Edit: By the way, since that is your first post, welcome to the forums. I really wish your first post weren't a troll post, though.

i didnt intend to sound mean but i hear them and see them everyday. and its not like lee county was before. 8th or 9th seems more reasonable but i dont see them at fifth. and ive been posting here for years i just forgot my password and i no longer use the email adress that it was under so i dont remember the pass to that either. so i just made a new one.

01. Williamstown

02. Beechwood

03. Murray

04. Hazard

05. Mayfield

06. Nicholas County

07. Harlan

08. Lexington Christian Academy

09. Paris

10. Owensboro Catcholic

11. McLean County

12. Lee County

13. Cumberland County

14. Pineville

15. Ballard Memorial

16. Crittenden County

I think there will be some surprises in Class A, and I'm really excited to see all the bands this year.

• 2 weeks later...

1.Williamstown

2.Beechwood

3.Murray

4.LCA

5.Hazard------------->Hazards not doing so well this year.

6.Mayfield

7.Paris

8.Owensboro Catholic

9.McLean County

10.Lee County

11.Nicholas County

12.Harlan

13.Cumberland County

14.Pineville

15.Ballard Memorial

16.Crittenden County

How do you know? Hazard has not yet performed. Usually, they save the first performance of their show until their own competition, which isn't until this Saturday. So, unless you've seen them at a football game and weren't impressed or maybe know someone in their band who says they're struggling, there's no way you can know how good they are yet.

We all know in the marching world that Hazard will be clean and there music will be good, I'm from paris and I made the trip to Hazard for the Hazard and Paris football game, not to watch our not so good football team but to watch band, Hazard has added alot of members to their band, the guard was dirty but the band was amazing as usual, Don't count Hazard out, people may be suprised, they are good enough to finish maybe higher than fourth, I love there whole show concept, can't wait till they hit the competition field so we cn compare, Beechwood its hot, I think they are the band to beat!!!