FINALIST #5 8:15

FINALIST #6 8:30

FINALIST #7 8:45

FINALIST #8 9:00

FINALIST #9 9:15

HOST

Caverna 9:30

Edited by DUSTnTHAwind

Intriguing that Meade and Eastern have decided to travel here. Right off the bat, we'll see what Mr. McGee has been able to do with his troops.

Intriguing that Meade and Eastern have decided to travel here. Right off the bat, we'll see what Mr. McGee has been able to do with his troops.

From what I've been hearing about them via Mr. McGee's facebook, They are well on their way to a great season.

Class A

1. Campbellsville

Class AA

1. Green County

2. Monroe County

Class AAA

1. Adair County

2. Warren East

3. Hart County

Class AAAA

1. Bullitt East

Class AAAAA

1. Meade County

2. Eastern

I'm just going to predict prelims...

Edited by DUSTnTHAwind

A

1.Campbellsville

AA

1. Green Co.

2. Monroe Co.

AAA

1. Adair Co,

2. Hart Co.

3. Warren East

AAAA

1. Bullitt East

AAAAA

1. Eastern

2. Meade Co.

Finals

GC-Adair Co.

RGC-Eastern

3rd-Green co.

That's all I'm going to say about finals

Don't underestimate Meade. I have a feeling that they are going to really suprise a lot of people.

Class A

Campbellsville

Class AA

Green County

Monroe County

Class AAA

Adair County

Hart Co

Warren East

Class AAAA

Bullitt East

Class AAAAA

Eastern

Meade Co

Finals Competition

Monroe

Warren East

Bullitt East

Campbellsville

Hart Co

Meade

Green

RGC - Eastern

GC - Adair

Class A

Campbellsville

Class AA

Green County

Monroe County

Class AAA

Adair County

Hart Co

Warren East

Class AAAA

Bullitt East

Class AAAAA

Eastern

Meade Co

Finals Competition

GC - Adair

RGC - Eastern

Meade

Green

Hart Co

Warren East

Bullitt East

Campbellsville

Monroe

Meade is good; they might get third or so in finals.

Keep in mind that Eastern scored 13 points higher than them and were 6th in the state.

Just saying, but the new director may have made a huge difference in Meade, so anything could happen.

Edited by Grayson Keyboard Guy
  • Upvote 1

Eastern [...] were 5th in the state.

6th, actually. <-- Click me!

Here are my predictions:

Class A

1. Campbellsville (p, g)

Class AA

1. Green County (p, g)
  2. Monroe County

Class AAA

1. Adair County (p, g)
  2. Hart County
  3. Warren East

Class AAAA

1. Bullitt East (p, g)

Class AAAAA

1. Eastern (p, g)
  2. Meade County

Finals

1. Adair County (p, g)
  2. Eastern
  3. Meade County
  4. Green County
  5. Hart County
  6. Warren East
  7. Monroe County
  8. Bullitt East
  9. Campbellsville

I think Eastern will be surprisingly close to Adair, and that everyone else will be at least 5 points behind. Meade should pull out the third spot (and will continue to improve as the season goes along) and I think Green County has a good enough start to place right behind them.

Class A

Campbellsville

Class AA

Green County

Monroe County

Class AAA

Adair County

Hart Co

Warren East

Class AAAA

Bullitt East

Class AAAAA

Eastern

Meade Co

Finals Competition

Monroe

Warren East

Bullitt East

Campbellsville

Hart Co

Meade

Green

RGC - Eastern

GC - Adair

Agreed 100%.

I think Eastern will be surprisingly close to Adair, and that everyone else will be at least 5 points behind. Meade should pull out the third spot (and will continue to improve as the season goes along) and I think Green County has a good enough start to place right behind them.

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if Green actually places in front of Meade, but I really don't think they will. Meade is supposedly doing great. The first thing Mr. McGee said after the first few rehearsals was that they could really play. So, I won't be suprised to see them shock 5A west this year, especially next year when Mr. McGee picks his first show as Director there.

I love the Caverna contest, it's a nice place. I'm making the drive down from Lexington for this one! Interesting that they're doing a prelims and finals setup. Have they done that before?

As a graduate of Caverna we used to have one of the biggest contest to start the year. A small venue but lots of good bands always there. I can't ever remember being able to have prelims and finals ever so this may in fact be the first time that this has happened.

I'd like to know why Tim is surprised that Meade County would make the trip. They've been there before. :P

How about the fact that there's a band competition in bordering Hardin County on the same day, and that the trip there is probably 1/3 as long as the one to Caverna? So yeah, it's surprised me both times that it was announced Meade was going there instead of Elizabethtown.

How about the fact that there's a band competition in bordering Hardin County on the same day, and that the trip there is probably 1/3 as long as the one to Caverna? So yeah, it's surprised me both times that it was announced Meade was going there instead of Elizabethtown.

Well, if Mr. McGee picked to go elsewhere, he did it for a reason. He always took M.South somewhere where there was competition. Never did we go to an "easy" competition.

The level of competition at E-Town is just as high if not higher than this contest, not to demean Meade County.

I'm sure they would be fine where ever they choose to perform.

The reason for attending this competition over E-town is probably because of Adair.

Maybe they like the scenery better in the rural area of the more southern area. :P

I am completely bull****ing.

^bump...

I think Eastern will be much closer to Adair than people may think. Good luck to everyone. It will be a good show to watch!

Only a few more days and we will see how this turns out. Eastern has been improving from what I can tell and Adair is obviously always high caliber. We will see what happens... which is the best part.

Being from Caverna (Previous years) and having worked the competition every year since my 7th grade year. I'm now a junior you do the math. Meade has been to Caverna every single year I've been there. No surprise at all they're showing up. They usually call in their placement in the competition wayyyy early in advance.