Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Brown

Winter Visual Ensemble

Today when i was working i had an idea. What if there was a indoor drumline/ensemble performing the winterguards music? It would be set like marching band scoring with some differences with the percussion being judged for music, guard visual, both for GE. Not to replace either by combining both just as an experiment what's your opinion?

I don't think it's possible because of space.

I remeber my eighth grade year Pride of Cincinnati did their show in etowns gym which was a tight fit but it worked, and it would have restrictions on size because of the size issue but enough for rifle line, flag line, sabre line, 3-5 basses, 2-3 tenors, 3-5 snares. or more depending on each bands circumstances.

Imagine how large a World Class winterguard has to be to be effective, and how large a World Class indoor percussion ensemble has to be to sound and look like they're a World Class group. Now try combining the two and you'll see it is much more difficult than it seems.

I remeber my eighth grade year Pride of Cincinnati did their show in etowns gym which was a tight fit but it worked, and it would have restrictions on size because of the size issue but enough for rifle line, flag line, sabre line, 3-5 basses, 2-3 tenors, 3-5 snares. or more depending on each bands circumstances.

Hazard could pull it off ;)