Kentucky Marching Network

2011 Show titles, Themes, and Music

I'm not a fan of Adair County and then the rest of 3A I don't really care about too much. Every year in 3A I follow Bourbon and Boyle. When the show sounds good then I'll follow an additional band. I'm a very opionated, prideful, and devoted person about this class.

TBH, in 5A...if it's not Lafayette or Daviess County I could care less about anyone else. Lafayette has the traditional appeal to them and I just always seem to love Daviess.

Dixie Heights is an honorable mention because I just can't get over how consistant and amazing thier percussion section is year in and year out.

But enough of what I think. I'll just tick people off if I continue to say my piece. :D

You're funny. :P

Any new repertoire announcements?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bigwigs at Lafayette have given me the green light to reveal some information about there as yet untitled 2011 production, which will combine the music of Fraggle Rock with Katy Perry's Hot 'n' Co

Combo move wins. If you're a "top" group, then sure, a little mystery is nice at building suspense. But I'm afraid Powell County doesn't qualify as one.

I don't think he meant anything else other than that he knew and wanted to share. Putting them down in any way is uncalled for.

I went to Muhlenberg's Meet and Greet, and they played their show for us.

I don't know the theme or titles of music, but it is going to be an amazing year if they can play that music. Beautiful stuff.

As we have finally decided on a title, I feel all right about making a full show announcement.

The 2011 Murray Tiger Band presents The REMedy, based on the music of Zimmer, Hermann, Orzabal, and Mackey.

Horn book by Matt Hightower, percussion by Josh Powell, visual design by myself.

This season should be a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Williamstown

Murray

Glasgow

Elizabethtown

Russell Co

Boyle

Bourbon

Adair

Taylor

Daviess

Lafayette

Madison Central

Dixie Heights

Central Hardin

The only one i know that hasn't already been discussed on there is williamstown. I heard its going to be about a firebird, or something like that.

As we have finally decided on a title, I feel all right about making a full show announcement.

The 2011 Murray Tiger Band presents The REMedy, based on the music of Zimmer, Hermann, Orzabal, and Mackey.

Horn book by Matt Hightower, percussion by Josh Powell, visual design by myself.

Who is this myself guy? :lol:

Knows that summer is here when there is 4 posts from Shelby in one morning.

Shelby? that's a type of Ford Mustang isn't it? (Not tobe confused with a Muhlenberg Mustang.) I didn't know a car could post on here... gee you guys are really confusing me !!!!!!

Edited by Cavie Fan

I thought myself was either a french-Canadian named Sebastian or a baritone player from badass, TX.

I forgot about ol' Sebastian! He was a good guy, despite the girly name. As for that other guy, well, I heard he'll be here next Tuesday.

Always psyched to see what show my alma mater, Paul Laurence Dunbar will be doing. Also looking forward to seeing North Hardin. And my best friend has a little girl in the Lafayette colorguard, so I will be watching and supporting them this year as well. I haven't heard of the show titles, PLD usually keeps a tight lid on it for an element of suspense and suprise. I have heard that Dunbar is planning an awesome trip to florida this year after marching season.

"Think WARM.Think Sunshine Think performing for hundreds of thousands in two parades.

Think performing for "The World" and even a "Universal" performance. We will march in the "Universal Studios' Macy 's New Year's parade at the Orlando Universal Studios, the Home of the Universal Studios and the Islands of Adventure, home of the new "Wizarding WORLD of Harry Potter". Then, on New Year's Eve we will perform for the World in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World for hundreds of thousands of people. This parade is led by Mickey himself, in front of the largest crowd of the year.

Now I consider that fun, but more of the fun will include: 3 day park hopper at Disney World with time spent at... Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios (MGM),Epcot,Magic Kingdom.

2 day ticket to Universal Studios with time at Universal Studios,Islands of Adventure, Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Most meals will occur in the parks, with special meals planned at Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood,& NasCar Cafe. Luxurious hotel accommodations in the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista, which includes a full breakfast buffet every morning. If you want a special omelette, you just tell them what you want and they make it. This trip will leave on the afternoon of Dec. 27 by Bluegrass Charters, and return on the afternoon of January 2. Unfortunately, we will miss the first day of school after the Christmas break. This is going to be the best year ever for the Dunbar Band!" -Jeff Hood, director

I have heard the Lafayette band auditioned to play in the Rose Bowl parade this year but I haven't heard the results of that audition just yet.

That sounds fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the Murray Tiger Band perform. I hope that this year can be the year of the west in class 1A!

Montgomery County's 2011 show is entitled Alchemy. The music is from Cirque du Soleil's 'Journey of Man' and is arranged by Richard Saucedo.

From the numbers we had sign up, the hornline alone will be bigger than last year's entire ensemble. But a few people always tend to change their minds and such.

It's ok, but not the worlds greatest thing like was hyped last year.

I fell asleep while watching, so I guess it's pretty realistic...

So, finally saw it last night. I don't know how you fell asleep, I really dug it.

Music's cool, too, though I think it evolves too slowly for marching.

I didn't love Inception, but it did give you quite a few interesting visual things to look at. Me and Shelby are both "visual" guys, so it would make sense that we would dig films by Christopher Nolan. Nolan might not be the best with a script (way too much exposition in Inception), but there is no questioning that he knows what he is doing with a camera.

Z

Thinking of popping "Memento" into the DVD player.

The bigwigs at Lafayette have given me the green light to reveal some information about there as yet untitled 2011 production, which will combine the music of Fraggle Rock with Katy Perry's Hot 'n' Cold. The connection stems from Katy's scandalous performance of Hot n Cold on Sesame Street, and Lafayette will use this connection to explore the growing sexualization of children's television program in what will be The Pride of the Bluegrass's most controversial show since the year they decided to put a comically oversize bed on the field. The guard will be operating muppet versions of themselves the entire show. Pure BOA bait if you ask me.

The repertoire:

Opener

Ballad

I'd like to tell you what Bourbon's show will be about, but I'm under strict orders not reveal the story until after their last performance of the season in order to avoid a repeat of last year's debacle in which the meaning of the show was revealed after only four public performances. Adair will be playing the same show as Bourbon, but with the slightly fancier props and better staging that always set them off as the more evil of these two bands.

Powell will be doing an on field dramatization of the life of the Marquis de Sade. It's not really a secret. Glenn Beck devoted 20 hours out of his 21 hour a day radio show to the subject. I don't know how you all missed that. If anyone is looking for Powell to make an impact on Kentucky, get ready. It's going to be intense.

That's VERY funny!!

If you're from Adair, you don't have to fish for compliments...

I'm a junior at Murray High and I can't reveal the show yet, but I have a strong feeling based on the music and on the show idea, that this could be Murray's year to win.

Against Beechwood? :siren:

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is a link to Muhlenberg's show, It has lots of potential. Hope to see them do great this year!

lol, i'm laughing at the negative marks already. I figured i'd add some humor to the board... look at my username.. lol. i thought it seemed appropriate. haha.

Edited by Rick Astley
  • Upvote 1