Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
Racerguardguy

Color Guard Instructor available

Greetings all! I am Brandon Felker from Madisonville Kentucky. Recently I have moved back to the western Kentucky area (Madisonville) and I am seeking a high school color guard group to work with this summer and fall. (Posted this is Classified but will post here as well!)

About me:

I am a recent college graduate from Murray State University with my BS in Music Business. During my collegiate career I was a member of the Murray State Wind Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Phi Mu Alpha-Gamma Delta, Racer Band, and chamber ensembles. I am a freelance hornist and perform in musicals throughout the region. After I completed my senior recital I moved to Richmond KY and interned with the Kentucky Music Educators Association (KMEA) and enjoyed each and every day.

Guard experience and teaching:

I switched to color guard my Sophomore year of college and have been spinning since (5 years). Toward the completion of my degree I began to work with a group for their band camp weeks, Stewart County High School TN. During my time there I taught flag, dance, rifle, and saber. Due to my college graduation and current job I cannot work with them this coming season. I just heard from them and they just auditioned 20 guard members this is up from the 10 from the previous season. I am looking forward to seeing the progress they make in the next few years! My philosophy for teaching guard is music based (if we didn't have the music we would not have guard). Seeing the students learn how to move with the music and understand music through movement is a core idea I teach each season.

I do have a resume prepared which is available on request

email: bfelker89@hotmail.com

phone: 1-270-635-2003

Thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you!

-Brandon

Edited by Racerguardguy