Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
eyes on the guard

Favorite colorguards of 2014 and predictions for 2015

The only Guard that really stands out to me would be Madison Central. That Guard was hot... and I mean HAWT. I can easily say they out spun every guard in finals last year with ease. Looking for them to do the same this year!

• Upvote 1

I thought Madison centrals guard was great, but I thought ryle, adiar, and pld's guard was just as good. I also thought grant county's guard showed a lot of improvement from the year before. Out of all of them ryle and adiar was probably the best due to the cleanliness of their work and how well they performed it.

• Upvote 1

Madison Central's color guard was very good. I also thought it was fairly cool that trombones spun during a part of Lafayette's show and did what some would consider legitimate flag work, tossing and all. Dunbar's guard was a personal favorite. They're very graceful, and have a level of performance that seems to stand out from the rest.

• Upvote 1

I've seen madville's guard on video, I thought they were still pretty dirty and lacked performance quality. As far as 4a goes its hard to compete with the other guards, they are super clean and have hard work.

Lafayette is the most well trained color guard in Kentucky, hands down.

I give major kudos to Madisonville-North Hopkins for having some of their most difficult flag work in a while (might not be perfect, but I'm happy to see them challenging the kids a bit more than usual in the flag line).

North Hardin is quite good; Madison Central is also very technically excellent (though I find it a bit boring and monotonous at times).

Williamstown's guard has improved quite a bit this year. Bourbon County and Russell County are both quite nice also.

Overall, I'd say Lafayette takes the cake.

Lafayette is the most well trained color guard in Kentucky, hands down.

I give major kudos to Madisonville-North Hopkins for having some of their most difficult flag work in a while (might not be perfect, but I'm happy to see them challenging the kids a bit more than usual in the flag line).

North Hardin is quite good; Madison Central is also very technically excellent (though I find it a bit boring and monotonous at times).

Williamstown's guard has improved quite a bit this year. Bourbon County and Russell County are both quite nice also.

Overall, I'd say Lafayette takes the cake.

I completely disagree. Lafayette is good but not nearly as good as they have been in the past. Madison central is cleanest and north hardin is clean with challenging work. The best guards I've seen is bourbon. They are a mixture of difficult work, great technique, cleanliness, and wonderful performance.