Kentucky Marching Network
mulandarnthorn27

2017 KMEA PREDICTIONS

I really hope Hoptown and Anderson are the new PLD/laffayette adair/EricHale band like rivalrie

It would be an interesting rivalry but with the parody in 4A, I don't think they could ever separate themselves enough fron the pack to be like those two rivalries because the thing about PLD/Lafayette and Bourbon/Adair is that there really wasn't the parody in 5A and 3A at the heights of those rivalries as there is in 4A now.

• Downvote 1

Was at Nelson County Comp this weekend and thought Anderson did a great job. They won the overall. Was a little disappointed in PLD, but I also know things are very different for them this year. Once the program gets built back up, it will be in good shape. Was also super impressed with Harrison's show. Great performance, great music, and a lot stronger band than a few years ago. I honestly thought they may have beaten PLD, but I guess PLD still had the numbers.

• Downvote 1

It would be an interesting rivalry but with the parody in 4A, I don't think they could ever separate themselves enough fron the pack to be like those two rivalries because the thing about PLD/Lafayette and Bourbon/Adair is that there really wasn't the parody in 5A and 3A at the heights of those rivalries as there is in 4A now.

Ahem, Anderson already has a rival, that position is FILLED. Hahaha

• Downvote 1

Did we see scores?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Who was the highest scoring 4A band this past Saturday?

Edited by puma 2.0

Did we see scores?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Who was the highest scoring 4A band this past Saturday?

Anderson County

You can't compare scores across competitions, it's just not accurate.

• Upvote 2

When people ignore my recent KMEA scores thread... LOL

• Upvote 1

Since my name was mentioned, just going to comment on my comment regarding Hopkinsville's performance at Clarksville on Saturday. Caveat: I am always enthusiastic to see a KY band in a BOA contest - so regardless of how they performed, I was already in their corner and wouldn't and won't say anything negative about their program. NOTE: I have absolutely no affiliation with Hopkinsville other than I used to drive passed on my way to Ft. Campbell during my time as a Screaming Eagle (which feels like 100 yrs ago.)

My comment on them winning 4A at state was three-fold: First, thrilled to see them in BOA. Second, they surprised the heck out of me - literally my mouth fell open. And lastly, it's a magnificently designed KMEA show (perhaps reflective of their BOA score.) Those kids were dedicated, present, and I could feel their commitment. There is quite a lot of potential - so much so - I expressed my enthusiastic opinion (at the time) of how I felt about their performance - i.e. It was 4A Championship-worthy.

Now - of course, none of that is to reflect or assume another 4A band isn't just as much worthy - of course they are! I recall a few years ago, 2012 I believe, seeing Anderson Co. early in the season at a Ballard High School competition (it was the year they changed uniforms mid-show... superhero, I think). After which commenting that they had just made finals. Well... a few people thought I was bonkers then too. ;)

I'm an equal opportunist fan. When I see a show that gives me thrills - I'm happy to share.

• Upvote 2

Have you seen all three shows to make your comparison?? Just curious

I have seen Beechwood and Williamstown Perform live and Murray via video and followed them all each week through progression. I stand firm in belief that this years fight will be between Williamstown and Murray... I honestly believe Beechwood will be a third seat this year based on comparison of technical abilities, overall performance, and show quality.

I have seen Beechwood and Williamstown Perform live and Murray via video and followed them all each week through progression. I stand firm in belief that this years fight will be between Williamstown and Murray... I honestly believe Beechwood will be a third seat this year based on comparison of technical abilities, overall performance, and show quality.

Where is this video of which you speak? Been dying to see one.

Where is this video of which you speak? Been dying to see one.

I personally dont hate this show. I think its a good show for the transition Beechwood is going through. I wouldnt bank on them climbing out of 3rd but I also wouldnt call them out of the running only 3 weeks into the season.

Edited by Saxophone2494

I personally dont hate this show. I think its a good show for the transition Beechwood is going through. I wouldnt bank on them climbing out of 3rd but I also wouldnt call them out of the running only 3 weeks into the season.

Murray is the one we're looking for.

Am I watching the same show from last year?... lol..

No, you’re not... lol..

Edited by Britney Spears

madison central

I just can't connect to this show, but I could still see it winning. I think it will be much harder for them to win than North or Lafayette, but they are absolutely not out of the running.

Has anyone seen all of the contending finals bands of any class live? If so, what are you thinking? Who has the most room to grow into their show? Is anybody absolutely on fire? Does anyone seem a lot better than previous years? Do we have a band that's definitely going to take home a championship?

It's quiet, I want to hear some opinions!

Guest Donald J. Trump

Just watched a video of Hopkinsville. They aren't any ahead of Anderson or Grant. I can safely say that while I wasn't impressed, there are 3 currently in the running for 4A. I will say that Hopkinsvilles design is much better this year, but it's still not my cup of tea.

Predictions before tomorrow

1A:

1. Williamstown

2. Murray

3. Beechwood

4. Mayfield

I have Campbellsville out now simply because it looks like they're not really improving any. Seems to me like kids are struggling to get into the show and perform it well and as a result they're taking a hit for it, I sincerely hope they prove me wrong and blow it out of the water and show 1A they're that playing around. Aside from that my predictions for 1A are the same.

2A:

1. Adair

2. Garrard

3. Estill

4. Washington

The Casey hype train is losing steam. They started off hot and haven't improved much since. Washington beating Taylor was a big step for them and also them showing they aren't playing around this year either. I've been on the Casey Hype train for a while now, but I think if there was ever a better opportunity for them to make finals, last year would have been the year for them. I'm also now expecting to see a massive gap between 1st in 2nd in this class. Adair absolutely blew it out of the water last weekend.

3A:

1. Bourbon

2. Russell

3. Harrison

4. Taylor

This more or less stays the same. One note is that I think John Hardin could manage to slip in and take the 4th spot, maybe even the 3rd. We'll get a good read on this whenever Harrison goes up against John Hardin.

4A:

1. Anderson

2. Hopkinsville

3. Grant

4. Barren

The most fun class to predict. There are so many outcomes in this class it's kind of ridiculous. Anderson County is on fire yet again this year and they are hungry for the blue ribbon. After now officially seeing Hopkinsville, they're not playing around either and are ready to go back to back with the championships. Grant County, from what I've heard, is back this year and are ready to make another appearance in finals this year after falling out last year. Lastly there's Barren county, this spot could easily go to madville and 4-8 other groups depending on the run that they have, but I think once Barren cleans up there visual package, they will be in this 4th spot. This class is getting to the point where getting 2nd place will be a massive accomplishment for any group and I'm loving trying to predict it.

5A:

1. North Hardin

2. Lafayette

3. Madison Central

4. Central HardiN

North Hardin this year. WOW!!! Placing 3rd at the BOA contest and nearly getting 2nd. Beyond impressed with this group this year, while I love lafayettes show, North Hardin is going to be tough to beat this year. I think these will easily be the top 2 but they could flop just as easy. Madison Centrals show this year is just..... boring. Yes they could still win with it but personally I don't see it happening. Lastly is the band that got overlooked, seems like a lot of people have forgotten about Central Hardin since Ryle got their new director and all the hype popped up around them, after seeing them, I think Central Hardin is gonna be a group to watch out for.

Guys, We asked for an amazing year of marching in KMEA this year, and we have not been disappointed one bit!!!

But yet DCI does it to seed for the first regional and DCA does it to seed corps for prelims. Not saying it’s the same, but just kinda gets old hearing it.

Guest Donald J. Trump

But yet DCI does it to seed for the first regional and DCA does it to seed corps for prelims. Not saying it’s the same, but just kinda gets old hearing it.

DCI trains their judges. KMEA doesn't. That's why we can't, but DCI can.

• Upvote 2

DCI trains their judges. KMEA doesn't. That's why we can't, but DCI can.

So we're back to talking about training judges, which is something I've been saying on here for at least 8 years now.