Kentucky Marching Network
Cavie Fan

LAFAYETTE VS. NORTH HARDIN

Because this is the only topic a lot of people on here want to talk about, I thought I would start a topic just for this subject so that when I click on a topic that says "Class A West" it is not a discussion about North Hardin and Lafayette. Thank You... it's all yours......

• Upvote 3

Not sure about John, Central, and E-town. Especially E-town. But what if we saw the 4 schools from Hardin County in finals?

I have Lafayette on top, I just don’t see it in North Hardin right now. I think that the props take up too much space on side 1 causing the band to be squished in the negative space until the end of the show. I don’t think the guard is helping much at the moment either. However, they are playing very well.

• Upvote 1

Not sure about John, Central, and E-town. Especially E-town. But what if we saw the 4 schools from Hardin County in finals?

The News Enterprise wouldn't know what to do.

• Upvote 1

I think north Hardin has the best guard. It has more of a presence then lafayette. I think lafayette is on top but guard is one of the things that could cause some judges to place north Hardin higher.

I have Lafayette on top, I just don’t see it in North Hardin right now. I think that the props take up too much space on side 1 causing the band to be squished in the negative space until the end of the show. I don’t think the guard is helping much at the moment either. However, they are playing very well.

I'm not sure what else you would want from the guard?? They are clean, their work has the appropriate musicality, they are placed well in the drill, their silks and uniforms compliment the props......

• Downvote 1

I think north Hardin has the best guard. It has more of a presence then lafayette. I think lafayette is on top but guard is one of the things that could cause some judges to place north Hardin higher.

North Hardin has one of the best guards in KY. I do like Lafayette's rifle line this year

North Hardin has one of the best guards in KY. I do like Lafayette's rifle line this year

I remember people listing the top percussion programs. Let's try it with Guard. I'd go with:

Lafayette

North Hardin

MC

Bourbon

Russell

Beechwood

Madison Southern

Grant

Estill

(Maybe O'Cath)

In no particular order.

Edited by KillItOnTheHighC
  • Upvote 1

Guest Donald J. Trump

North Hardin

Bourbon

Lafayette

That order. Top 3 easily. Nobody else comes close.

North Hardin

Bourbon

Lafayette

If I had to say number one, I'd say Bourbon. I've watched every finals since 2012 (Before that I've only seen videos) and not once have I been disappointed.

North Hardin

Bourbon

Lafayette

I think from a technical standpoint Lafayette is the best guard in the state, and has been almost every single year that I've been alive. There are exceptions, namely 2014 and 2015, rough years for the band as a whole.

But I think North Hardin's guard contributes the most effect, I mean seriously they are breathtaking. In the end I feel like this matters more.

With that being said, I can't decide which I think is overall "better"

Gotta put South Laurel on that guard list

it's gotta be said they absolutely impressed the heck out of me at MC. I'm still trying to wrap my head around them being better then North this year, and that goes ESPECIALLY for Guard.

it's gotta be said they absolutely impressed the heck out of me at MC. I'm still trying to wrap my head around them being better then North this year, and that goes ESPECIALLY for Guard.

They started being better than North Laurel last year, but their guard and percussion stepped sh*t up! Definitely guard!

They started being better than North Laurel last year, but their guard and percussion stepped sh*t up! Definitely guard!

Even comparing this year's show to what I think was North's best (Aqua in 2013), South is just so far ahead right now. Those kids that remember 2013 must be on top of the world.

Guest Donald J. Trump

Even comparing this year's show to what I think was North's best (Aqua in 2013), South is just so far ahead right now. Those kids that remember 2013 must be on top of the world.

North Laurels best was 2006. Bands down. I don't think a video exists though...

So... this is no longer a thread about Lafayette and North Hardin? And just when it was getting good too.

Alright I'll start it again.

IMO Lafayette may have much better marching and visual effect, however this will be thrown out the window by north hardins music and General effect capability if they perform it with high energy.

1993 was the last time all Hardin County high schools made finals. Of course, John Hardin did not exist at that point.