Kentucky Marching Network
mulandarnthorn27

2017 BOA Grand National Preliminary Schedule

>Every band but Adair

Do we just have infinite expectations for the longevity of this program?

I do. For them and Lafayette honestly, but much more so for Adair

First of all, my favorite show hands down is Plymouth Canton 1999!

Regarding this year, Class A is stacked on Thursday. Bellbrook, Adair, Alter, St. James and LaSalle. Only 2 will make it. Friday is Union City, Beechwood, Norton. Much can happen.

There are only 8 locks for finalists spots: Broken Arrow, Avon, Carmel, Flower Mound, The Woodlands, Marcus, Round Rock and Blue Springs.

The remaining spots are going to be amongst:

O'Fallon

Owasso

Union

William Mason

Centerville (yes they are really good this year)

Marian Catholic

Castle

Dobyns Bennett

Homestead

Franklin

I think Castle is overrated, they are good, but their show is meh...

First of all, my favorite show hands down is Plymouth Canton 1999!

Regarding this year, Class A is stacked on Thursday. Bellbrook, Adair, Alter, St. James and LaSalle. Only 2 will make it. Friday is Union City, Beechwood, Norton. Much can happen.

There are only 8 locks for finalists spots: Broken Arrow, Avon, Carmel, Flower Mound, The Woodlands, Marcus, Round Rock and Blue Springs.

The remaining spots are going to be amongst:

O'Fallon

Owasso

Union

William Mason

Centerville (yes they are really good this year)

Marian Catholic

Castle

Dobyns Bennett

Homestead

Franklin

I think Castle is overrated, they are good, but their show is meh...

I give the nod to Homestead. One of my favorite programs.

It will be North Hardin. I give it three years until they’re in finals. Max. At the very least they’ll be a consistent bubble band for finals. Their financial situation doesn’t really work in their favor, though.

I dont believe finances will be too big of a problem. Those directors could feed a family of 4 for a dollar.

• Upvote 1

I dont believe finances will be too big of a problem. Those directors could feed a family of 4 for a dollar.

So true. They always somehow make it work. I never will get over how they went to Macy’s, Midwest, and got new uniforms in one year with their financial situation. Pretty amazing.

Terrible spot for Owasso but it shouldn't be too much of an issue for such a great band.

I'm making my official bold prediction:

If North Hardin follows what I can bet is on those judging tapes from finals, they will be clean enough to finish as high as 18. I know it is SUPER bold, but I think it could conceivably happen. It's NOT out of the question for me, and let me be clear and say it would take a nearly perfect run so it's not at all likely. But I could see it happening.

Take that with a grain of salt.

Hey guys just noticed something rather interesting. Not to change the subject here, but it does NOT look like both Carmel and/or Avon is doing state from what I have read on the ISSMA website. Is that true? I know Carmel sometimes chooses not to go, but never have seen Avon not going. With both of them out, I think that Castle has a real good chance of bringing home the trophy! Being that they are in my neck of the woods, then I have to root for them. FJ Reitz and Evansville North also made it to state in their class. It is so hard not getting to see results/scores in Indiana now. Anyone know of how to get scores from Indiana contests? Thanks!

Cheers,

PhilB

Edited by PhilB

Hey guys just noticed something rather interesting. Not to change the subject here, but it does NOT look like both Carmel and/or Avon is doing state from what I have read on the ISSMA website. Is that true? I know Carmel sometimes chooses not to go, but never have seen Avon not going. With both of them out, I think that Castle has a real good chance of bringing home the trophy! Being that they are in my neck of the woods, then I have to root for them. FJ Reitz and Evansville North also made it to state in their class. It is so hard not getting to see results/scores in Indiana now. Anyone know of how to get scores from Indiana contests? Thanks!

Cheers,

Phil

Correct - Neither Carmel nor Avon are participating at ISSMA State Finals this year due to their decision to attend the California BOA Regional (Carmel) and San Antonio BOA Regional (Avon).

• Upvote 1

Correct - Neither Carmel nor Avon are participating at ISSMA State Finals this year due to their decision to attend the California BOA Regional (Carmel) and San Antonio BOA Regional (Avon).

Carmel is going to CALIFORNIA? WHAT???

Thanks for the confirmation. I did find this here:

http://www.issma.net...duleandinfo.pdf

Now, how do we get scores/placements from IN contests? Any ideas? I noticed that Eastern was at FJ Reitz's contest, but can not find any results/scores.

Cheers,

PhilB

Edited by PhilB

They've already gone and competed. Won pretty handily too.

I mean I'm not doubting that they'd win, just want to know where they get the funds to go across the country. At least Texas is a bit closer

I mean I'm not doubting that they'd win, just want to know where they get the funds to go across the country. At least Texas is a bit closer

Here is how:

https://www.wthr.com...ommunity-in-usa

http://time.com/money/collection-post/3312311/carmel-indiana-best-places-to-live/

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/carmel-named-2nd-wealthiest-city-in-the-midwest

Edited by GRCAlumni

Terrible spot for Owasso but it shouldn't be too much of an issue for such a great band.

It (prelim time slot) wasn't a problem for them in STL - it won't be here either.

Here's your finalists:

Broken Arrow

Avon

Carmel

Flower Mound

The Woodlands

Marcus

Round Rock

Blue Springs

William Mason

Marian Catholic

Homestead

Dobbins-Bennett

Castle

Owasso

Not too sure about Dobbyns Bennet, they got beat by Fort Mill.

Most every band organization has parents that work their asses off. I was on the sideline for the Indy Regional. Let me tell you that every one of those bands had parents that were stepping up both moms, dads, maybe even adults who no longer had kids in band. Definitely the unsung heroes of this activity. The Band Boosters and parents!

I enjoy Homesteads show. William Mason isn't looking so sure at the moment. but we'll see.

I'm a huge fan of Unions show this year.

And... Broken Arrow... is just. Confusingly amazing. (don't really understand their show lol. At least the little go-kart mobiles)

Edited by creepstar

I can watch Castles show over and over again. This year has made them my favorite BOA school, and has given me my favorite high school show of all time. I don’t really care where they place, that show is fantastic and puts me on the brink of tears every time.

I can watch Castles show over and over again. This year has made them my favorite BOA school, and has given me my favorite high school show of all time. I don't really care where they place, that show is fantastic and puts me on the brink of tears every time.

So, I've yet to find a show that's even remotely came close to my favorite since Ronald Reagan 2003 and their 01,02,04 shows. But, especially 03. But, this one right here. Castle 2017 is definitely right up there... bumping close to #1. Beautiful show.

Guest Summer's Eve

So, I've yet to find a show that's even remotely came close to my favorite since Ronald Reagan 2003 and their 01,02,04 shows. But, especially 03. But, this one right here. Castle 2017 is definitely right up there... bumping close to #1. Beautiful show.

Nothing will ever beat Ronald Reagan 2003. CTJ 2017 just took my number 2 spot from L.D. Bell 2006 though. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Nothing will ever beat Ronald Reagan 2003. CTJ 2017 just took my number 2 spot from L.D. Bell 2006 though. Lol.

CTJ plays it really nice. Man, they're loud!

Edited by creepstar