Kentucky Marching Network
PhilB

ISSMA Final Results?

Okay. Like I said it was just a rumor I had heard. I didn't know anything for sure

Simply said your rumor was false. Gesus ducking christ, I'm over this forum.

• Upvote 2

Simply said your rumor was false. Gesus ducking christ, I'm over this forum.

Dang man. I didn’t mean to come off as mad😂 I’m chill I wasn’t triggered or anything. No need for you to get that way. I guess you can’t read tone through text, that’s my fault man

I try to be one of the more chill people on this forum, because I don’t like confrontation lol.

Edited by Finn

Because ISSMA judges use a dartboard to score.

Not much different in KMEA if I'm honest.

Wrong, KMEA uses dice and them multiplies by 3 and then divides by 12.77778 % adds 3 points and deducts the age of the band director to get a score.

• Downvote 1

Wrong, KMEA uses dice and them multiplies by 3 and then divides by 12.77778 % adds 3 points and deducts the age of the band director to get a score.

>Implying that wouldn't be functionally the same as throwing a dart and measuring the centimeters from the bullseye, subtracting the distance from the contest site in miles (divided by two), adding the number of colorguard and marching percussion (if applicable), flipping a coin 16 times, and multiplying everything before by the percentage of heads.

Can we just talk about how Homestead beat Castle at this but didn't make GN Finals???

Welcome to marching band. The land where bands that make straight 2nd place rankings can win state championships, state champions can lose out to their own runners up the next week out by over 6 placements, the best bands in the nation sit out on their best years, and any shred of consistency between performances is the subject of laughter.

Castle beat Homestead 2 weeks before at the BOA Super Regional by 2 points.

Homestead had a poor run in semifinals. A bad run will do that.

Also, BOA judging criteria is quite different from ISSMA.

Can we just talk about how Homestead beat Castle at this but didn't make GN Finals???

Edited by LoneOakGhost
  • Upvote 1

Scholastic division results

Class B

1. Danville HS

2. Heritage Jr/Sr HS

3. Salem HS

4. Eastern HS - Pekin

5. South Vermillion HS

Class A

1. Warren Central HS

2. Lafayette Jefferson HS

3. North Side HS - Ft. Wayne

4. LaPorte HS

5. Pike HS

Scholastic division results

Class B

1. Danville HS

2. Heritage Jr/Sr HS

3. Salem HS

4. Eastern HS - Pekin

5. South Vermillion HS

Class A

1. Warren Central HS

2. Lafayette Jefferson HS

3. North Side HS - Ft. Wayne

4. LaPorte HS

5. Pike HS

Warren Central's guard is EXTREMELY good, that much I know. If their band is on the same caliber, they'll have swept visual captions by a mile and a half.

Warren Central's guard is EXTREMELY good, that much I know. If their band is on the same caliber, they'll have swept visual captions by a mile and a half.

I'm friends with the band director at Danville, who's also the brass caption head at Cincinnati Tradition. He knows how to make you sound good and he's a great person to work with.

I'm friends with the band director at Danville, who's also the brass caption head at Cincinnati Tradition. He knows how to make you sound good and he's a great person to work with.

What’s with all the name drops? I don’t think you’ll win much praise here by mentioning all of the people you’ve met.

• Downvote 1

What’s with all the name drops? I don’t think you’ll win much praise here by mentioning all of the people you’ve met.

You'd be surprised how much a lot of people on here value connections. Especially in a sport where there's a lot of secret stuff (show reveals, uniform canges, music) that you can get the chance to hear early if you know the right people.

• Upvote 1

You'd be surprised how much a lot of people on here value connections. Especially in a sport where there's a lot of secret stuff (show reveals, uniform canges, music) that you can get the chance to hear early if you know the right people.

I value connections as much as the next gal, but I don't value constantly hearing about other people's. I just always assume they are over compensating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I value connections as much as the next gal, but I don't value constantly hearing about other people's. I just always assume they are over compensating.

What would those people be compensating for? I'm curious.

Edited by Mclovin