Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
mulandarnthorn27

2017 BOA Grand National Semi-Finals

a) Of the thirty (30) Bands selected from criteria (a) and (B ) above, the 22 highest scoring Bands will receive the 22 Performance slots in the middle of Semi-Finals [positions five (5) through twenty-six (26)] according to the Semi-Finals pre-draw that took place at Band Check-In.

(B ) The remaining eight (8) Semi-Finalists will receive Performance spots one (1) through four (4) and Performance spots twenty-seven (27) through thirty (30) according to the Semi-Finals pre-draw that took place at Band Check-In.

Edited by Hop

HornRank explains it well in this format:

Tentative Semifinals Schedule

6:30 Potential Class rep band

6:45 Potential Class rep band

7:00 Potential Class rep band

7:15 Potential Class rep band

7:30 Potential Class rep band

7:45 Potential Class rep band

8:00 Potential Class rep band

8:15 Next 8 band

8:30 Next 8 band

8:45 Next 8 band

9:00 Next 8 band

9:15 Top 22 band

9:30 Top 22 band

9:45 Top 22 band

10:00 Top 22 band

10:15 Top 22 band

10:30 Top 22 band

10:45 Break

11:15 Top 22 band

11:30 Top 22 band

11:45 Top 22 band

12:00 Top 22 band

12:15 Top 22 band

12:30 Top 22 band

12:45 Top 22 band

1:00 Top 22 band

1:15 Top 22 band

1:30 Top 22 band

1:45 Break

2:15 Top 22 band

2:30 Top 22 band

2:45 Top 22 band

3:00 Top 22 band

3:15 Top 22 band

3:30 Top 22 band

3:45 Next 8 band

4:00 Next 8 band

4:15 Next 8 band

4:30 Next 8 band

4:45 Exhibition

5:00 Semifinals Awards Ceremony

• Upvote 1

I've officially decided I want Avon to win. They have my least favorite show of the likely top 4, but they perform amazingly, and also honestly I think they've gotten screwed two years in a row

Re-freaking-tweet. But in all honesty I do enjoy Avon's show this year a lot more than last year

Edited by jcbandfan

Guest Summer's Eve

Avon? Got screwed the last two years? I was there in 2015. They didn't get screwed. Lol.

Whoever is in charge of North Hardin’s microphones needs to be fired.

If North is going to hang with bands like O’Fallon and Homestead and Castle, it seems like they need to take a big step forward next year in cleaning better and overall design.

Congratulations to NH!! Hope you all place very well!

If North is going to hang with bands like O’Fallon and Homestead and Castle, it seems like they need to take a big step forward next year in cleaning better and overall design.

Congratulations to NH!! Hope you all place very well!

Agreed. Thought it was a better run than State Finals but still dirty compared the other bands in their tier at semis.

You all are confusing the top 22. It is NOT the top 22 scoring bands that g÷t the top 22 spots (however it could be). It is the top 11 bands from EACH day that get the middle 22 performing spots. This means potentially bands from the next 8 could have outscored any of top 11 from a different day.

North should place around 16-23 or so. Could see them have their best placement in a long time.

On Avon — i don’t see them placing higher than third if they perform like that. Top three should be Flower Mound, Carmel, and Broken Arrow.

Edited by TheMusician

Whoever is in charge of North Hardin’s microphones needs to be fired.

No they don't.

Z

Would welcome anyone associated with North Hardin to come assist any group I am associated with.

Guest Summer's Eve
You all are confusing the top 22. It is NOT the top 22 scoring bands that g÷t the top 22 spots (however it could be). It is the top 11 bands from EACH day that get the middle 22 performing spots. This means potentially bands from the next 8 could have outscored any of top 11 from a different day.

I think we all get that. The discrepancy was how were the bands placed into performance order with the 7 autobids, next 8, and top 22. Easier to say top 22 than top 11 from both days.

No they don't.

Z

Would welcome anyone associated with North Hardin to come assist any group I am associated with.

Their flute soloist has been inaudible during 3 of their last 4 performances.

B

Would at least have a come to Jesus with that staff member about consistency.

KY Bands:

Adair- 1st 1A overall music, TIE w/ norton for overall visual, overall GE.

Beechwood- 3rd 1A

North Hardin- 2nd 2A

Central Hardin- ?

B

If North Hardin can only afford to either get a better sound tech and a better visual instructor, I think they'd benefit from someone who can clean clean clean. I think they'd place much higher everywhere if they were visually cleaner. They have the GE, show design, sound, and guard to place higher than they currently do in my opinion

B

Lol... the shade.

S

Loves sitting under trees on hot sunny days.

If North Hardin can only afford to either get a better sound tech and a better visual instructor, I think they'd benefit from someone who can clean clean clean. I think they'd place much higher everywhere if they were visually cleaner. They have the GE, show design, sound, and guard to place higher than they currently do in my opinion

Honestly I agree with this. But at the very worst case, I bet they could afford to get one of their people in pit to do sound. It's not terribly hard to do, and when you're not running sound board you can do auxiliary stuff.

K

Someone whose band had electronics done through a soundboard next to the keyboard.

This will be my last post on this board -

Unless you know what you’re talking about - shut it. None of you have any idea what was happening on that field. Commenting that someone needs to be fired is childish, clueless, and unnecessary. Grow up!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This will be my last post on this board -

Unless you know what you’re talking about - shut it. None of you have any idea what was happening on that field. Commenting that someone needs to be fired is childish, clueless, and unnecessary. Grow up!

Bye bish

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Sienna doesn’t need a new sound tech; she needs a new microphone (she bought my daughter’s Muramatsu flute). :( North Hardin tried raising money with a PayPal New Electronics Campaign in September.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People have a choice of what they put out into the world. I do my best to put positivity out into the world. Sometimes it's cool to be nice...but maybe that's just me.

Z

Some days I feel very old.

Sienna doesn’t need a new sound tech; she needs a new microphone (she bought my daughter’s Muramatsu flute). :( North Hardin tried raising money with a PayPal New Electronics Campaign in September.

I wish it had been posted on here! I would have donated some money! Still will if it's still up