Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
The_Watercart

Best features of the 2017 season?

North Hardin's sax ensemble

I second this motion. The whole Tarpon Springs-esque style of having miced woodwind solos flying over band music is really awesome and I’m glad we’re seeing bands imitate it here in Kentucky. It is a style I really love

My name may suggest a slight bias as I marched Mellon in high school so my favorite was definitely North Hardin’s Mellos, and the trumpet moment in the closer.... and the bass clarinets.

My name may suggest a slight bias as I marched Mellon in high school so my favorite was definitely North Hardin's Mellos, and the trumpet moment in the closer.... and the bass clarinets.

>trumpet moment in the closer

Almost every performance gave me chills. Almost. *looks at finals*

I really enjoyed Lafayette's Woodwinds.. They weren't as good as north's but they were juat right for that show and a had a great volume and presence on the field. North's bass clarinet feature was FLAME. Those are the only features that have left a lasting impression on me Honestly

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed Lafayette's Woodwinds.. They weren't as good as north's but they were juat right for that show and a had a great volume and presence on the field. North's bass clarinet feature was FLAME. Those are the only features that have left a lasting impression on me Honestly

Almost every year I have a 1A feature that sticks out really well, but 2017's 1A was so lackluster that I don't have one and that upsets me.

• Downvote 1

Adair's Bass Flute. Never expected to see a bass flute on a marching band field. Pleasant surprise and personally I enjoy telling everyone around me it was a bass flute... because they had never seen one before. Great use of an instrument so rarely seen by the average marching band fan.

Edited by Cavie Fan
  • Upvote 1

Bag pipe solo performed by...you guessed it! GLASGOW!

I don't think they had one this year lol... nor do I think they have had one in the past several years.

• Downvote 1

Almost every year I have a 1A feature that sticks out really well, but 2017's 1A was so lackluster that I don't have one and that upsets me.

A little late to the party here, and very biased, but I thought Williamstown's trombone ensemble and trio in "I Put A Spell On You" were very good by the end of the season.

A little late to the party here, and very biased, but I thought Williamstown's trombone ensemble and trio in "I Put A Spell On You" were very good by the end of the season.

You know what? I'll accept this answer. At the very least, it was the best we got.

• Upvote 1

You know what? I'll accept this answer. At the very least, it was the best we got.

Best from Williamstown.