Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
DoctorProctor

4A Percussion Discussion

Unfortunate that Bourbon County Contest had no percussion scores because I would’ve loved to see how Anderson compared to Lafayette and Tates creek. I feel like grant doesn’t have enough ton the field make a comment, definitely sets a nice groove in some sections though. South Laurel was 1.5 behind Garrard last weekend(The front ensemble are rockstars!) and Pulaski was 6 behind Casey. (Questionable pit set up from but visually Drumline and entire band are stellar) South Warren won overall percussion at Franklin Simpson, definitely a decent percussion section to say the least, Very musical pit towards the end of their show. 

Edited by GustavHolst

17 hours ago, GustavHolst said:

Unfortunate that Bourbon County Contest had no percussion scores because I would’ve loved to see how Anderson compared to Lafayette and Tates creek. I feel like grant doesn’t have enough ton the field make a comment, definitely sets a nice groove in some sections though. South Laurel was 1.5 behind Garrard last weekend(The front ensemble are rockstars!) and Pulaski was 6 behind Casey. (Questionable pit set up from but visually Drumline and entire band are stellar) South Warren won overall percussion at Franklin Simpson, definitely a decent percussion section to say the least, Very musical pit towards the end of their show. 

S. Warren won class 4A at Franklin-Simpsom, but not overall. 

On 9/15/2018 at 8:58 AM, GustavHolst said:

was this before or after grant got more pit members? and if so what has changed 

1 hour ago, Chandelier said:

I’d say the Oldhams and Southwestern have the strongest performance so far.

I'd agree. Southwestern sounded great when I heard them, and they have a really beefy book. South Oldham was one point behind (if I'm not mistaken) in percussion, and North Oldham beat both Central Hardin and Eastern in percussion. However, I think that Anderson has a really solid front ensemble, even through the drumline isn't quite as exceptional. South Laurel is impressive as well.

Edited by The Ketchup

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, The Ketchup said:

I'd agree. Southwestern sounded great when I heard them, and they have a really beefy book. South Oldham was one point behind (if I'm not mistaken) in percussion, and North Oldham beat both Central Hardin and Eastern in percussion. However, I think that Anderson has a really solid front ensemble, even through the drumline isn't quite as exceptional. South Laurel is impressive as well.

Anderson's drumline is rather young.  One senior that I know of; the rest are mostly freshman, sophomores, a couple of eighth graders.

Front ensemble seems to be "where it's at" at Anderson.  Seems like the percussion director has a hard time convincing kids to join drumline instead of front ensemble.