Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
DoctorProctor

5A Percussion Discussion

Haven't seen enough to offer much of an opinion. Look forward to seeing the usual suspects ... Central, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, maybe Dixie ... Campbell County should be strong, too.

I've only seen HC, and they seem to be playing some stuff. Not bad for what I understand is a rebuilding year, too.

The show at Ryle this weekend should be a great place to check out some percussion.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, Aging Chops said:

Haven't seen enough to offer much of an opinion. Look forward to seeing the usual suspects ... Central, Henry Clay, Tates Creek, maybe Dixie ... Campbell County should be strong, too.

I've only seen HC, and they seem to be playing some stuff. Not bad for what I understand is a rebuilding year, too.

The show at Ryle this weekend should be a great place to check out some percussion.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, Aging Chops said:

Wow Campbell county killed it. Winning overall percussion at Ryle.

2BCD3D40-4735-418C-80BC-42D1FF1B0445.jpeg

Edited by GustavHolst

Campbell is for real. They have a great program ... great ensembles and drumline.

I am pretty surprised to see Lafayette up that high. Nothing against Lafayette, but that would be a shocker in past years. Maybe they've got something cooking this year. Also surprised to see Central that "low". Maybe a bad run ... who knows ... or maybe they're rebuilding, too. Weather sucked that day.

Looks like Harrison and the 5A's had some quality stuff. Wish I could've checked 'em out. 

On 9/24/2018 at 10:59 AM, Aging Chops said:

Campbell is for real. They have a great program ... great ensembles and drumline.

I am pretty surprised to see Lafayette up that high. Nothing against Lafayette, but that would be a shocker in past years. Maybe they've got something cooking this year. Also surprised to see Central that "low". Maybe a bad run ... who knows ... or maybe they're rebuilding, too. Weather sucked that day.

Looks like Harrison and the 5A's had some quality stuff. Wish I could've checked 'em out. 

Lafayette has a new assistant director who’s a percussion guy. Morehead grad.