Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
Unknown

Downvotes

Not sure how long it will be before this is seen, since its been a hot and tasty minute from when the last post was made in this channel category.

That being said, I thought I'd try.

Could we please disable the ability downvote posts? I think it adds nothing constructive to the community, and only helps people be negative without saying a word. It promotes a passive-toxicity, pettiness.

If someone truly disagrees with someone, this will prompt them to open their mouths (through their fingers) and actually talk about what it is they disagree with. It stops them from clicking a button then fleeing away - and better yet it stops the trolls of clicking it and fleeing away. I just think it adds a negativity to the community that's not needed in general, and can actually discourage activity/posting.

Edited by Unknown

I second this, the downvote is absolutely unnecessary. The other reactions are find to keep though. DCP forum doesn't use the downvote probably for this same reason. I also am part of a staff of a 9000+ member Discord server and we don't allow that.

I’ll get into the settings when I can and change that.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, What's a Fanfare? said:

This is late but I'll put it anyway. Downvotes pretty much have zero effect. You can downvote but it doesn't effect anything that I'm aware of...

That wasn't always the case though, thankfully it is different now.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, Unknown said:

That wasn't always the case though, thankfully it is different now.

But this is the only forum I see that uses it in relation to music/band related forums. All other ones, including DCP and TXbands have just a like button where you can like something. No downvotes, but then again, the people who run those forums are actually around to do their job of keeping toxicity out so I just see this place as a lost cause even keeping it up now. 🤷‍♂️

Hi, I had to make an account to reply back to this, but the toxicity and lack of mods is the reason that the discord was created. Well, me and a couple of friends have taken to creating a SubReddit as well! We have 3 Mods, and will be taking applications for another one per 50 people that join us! I'm personally inviting anyone who sees this post! If you've never used Reddit before, don't fret! It's so simple to create an account! If you have any questions, feel free to DM me!

https://www.reddit.com/r/KMBS

I hope to see you guys there!

• Thanks 1