Kentucky Marching Network

6 hours ago, Fred Rogers said:

Nope. I’m in the same boat with you. 

I've only seen a video of Bluecoats so far. The show is beautiful and they sound great as always. I respect the activity is evolving and all that and I really do like the use of props, staging etc. I just wish the activity would find a happy balance of staging and drill. When most of the drill now days is simply doing a few sets between the 30 yard lines bc you seem to have more props on the field than actual performers is a sour spot for me along with parking half your corps on top of props to stand still and play for too much of the show. the kids are great and perform what they are given so kudos to them...I would just like more drill. 

I really doubt there is a corps out there that can march a drill like Madison Scouts 1988, Star of Indiana 1993 and let alone anything as clean as Cavaliers 2002.  Just my opinion.  The drill is not the important part of the show anymore.  Come to think of it... What are DCI judges actually judging anymore? (that is a rhetorical question - you don't have to answer it.)

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Cavie Fan said:

I really doubt there is a corps out there that can march a drill like Madison Scouts 1988, Star of Indiana 1993 and let alone anything as clean as Cavaliers 2002.  Just my opinion.  The drill is not the important part of the show anymore.  Come to think of it... What are DCI judges actually judging anymore? (that is a rhetorical question - you don't have to answer it.)

I also wonder what the audition process is. Stand still and play...now move this huge prop to the 50😂

4 hours ago, Cavie Fan said:

I'm waiting for someone to attempt the 91 cross to cross again

On 6/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, JustPassingThru said:

It would be interesting to hear how many KY kids are in the various corps this year. 

To THAT group I say Bravo!! Continue to make KY proud! And best of luck all season!!

Two girls (one who is my daughter) from Lafayette color guard are marching Crossmen this year.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Cavie Fan said:

This year's 20th place corps will have a tougher visual book than '88 Scouts.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Hallandquinby said:

Two girls (one who is my daughter) from Lafayette color guard are marching Crossmen this year.

That is great!  I’ve heard of 10 kids from 4 of our schools that all in top 12 corps. 2 of which are yours. I didn’t know about the Dixie Heights kids someone mentioned above. Lots of our bands I haven’t heard about, so probably it’s higher than 13!

Corps for us to cheer our KY kids:

Bluecoats

Boston

Crossmen

Crown

Phantom

Scouts

Again I only posted the ones I knew about, if you know of others please let us know!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You had about a 90% chance of being correct since BD didn’t win last year. So your calling it really isn’t impressive at all 😉

But congrats to BD, really glad BC didn’t win only because I’d hate to see DCI completely turn into that type of show. The top 3 had next to no marching while playing. It’s sad that that is awarded in DCI now. The ‘marching’ in “Marching Music’s Major League” is a lie, at least by what the judges award. 

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Upvote 1