3. Hopkinsville
  4. Larue County
  5. Glasgow
  6. Wayne County
  7. Cumberland County
  8. DuPont Manual
  9. Campbellsville
  10. Danville

I'll overlook the two hour drive for this lineup. I better start saving up my money so I can buy enough popcorn to last me the day. This will be a great show!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DoctorProctor said:

Anyone have any info on Hendersonville?

They’re usually very loud musically but not a balanced sound about 100 to 120 kids I can see them making finals

Surprise me Hendersonville

Edited by kmeafan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is gonna be an awesome show. B&fG and this show have great lineups, good to see two big competitions on the same day.

1A

1. Cumberland County

2. Campbellsville

3. Danville

4. Metcalfe County

5. Monroe County

I expect Cumberland to win by a few points, but the spread between Campbellsville and Danville will be very interesting to see, and I could see the two of them flipping.

3A

1. Russell County

2. Glasgow

3. Larue County

4. Wayne County

Russell should win this class by a good bit, but I am very excited to see how Glasgow and Larue compare. They were neck and neck last season in 2A but I think Glasgow is the better band right now, and should have an advantage on Saturday since it is almost a home show for them.

4A

1. Anderson County

2. Hopkinsville

3. duPont Manual

This should tell us how Hopkinsville has adjusted over the summer. I hope it’s close, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Anderson wins by a good bit.

5A 

1. Hendersonville

Finals

1. Anderson County

2. Russell County

3. Hopkinsville 

4. Hendersonville

5. Glasgow

6. Larue

7. Cumberland

8.  duPont Manual

9. Campbellsville

10. Danville

• Upvote 1

Anderson

Russell

Hoptown

Hendersonville

Glasgow

DuPont 

LaRue

Cumberland

Campbellsville

Danville

• Upvote 1

Have you all actually seen each group perform, or are you making a guess off of reputation?  Serious inquiry.  I’m not being snarky.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, musicguy said:

Have you all actually seen each group perform, or are you making a guess off of reputation?  Serious inquiry.  I’m not being snarky.  

Seen most groups, the rest I just fill in from previous rankings and such.

Manual will be below LaRue, and Hendersonville will be below Glasgow. Everything else with PJ I pretty much agree with.

This will be a fine ass show. Anderson fan but Russel can outplay that group. Interesting to see how this will turn out. Hopkinsville is up in the air honestly, wasn’t too impressed by the videos i’ve seen but hey, maybe more impactful in person. Glasgow is killer as well. Too hard for me to make predictions but Russel, Anderson and Hopkinsville is up there 

This will be a good indication for 3A IMO. LaRue was really close to Russel at Taylor Co. but that could change. Now they also have to go up against Glasgow. Those three alone make this contest interesting but throwing in Anderson and Hopkinsville make this a good contest to watch out for.

42 minutes ago, yahkyda1 said:

Call me crazy but I think Glasgow just beat Russell Co in prelims.

Definitely not crazy. Visually, I thought Russell may have edged them by the slightest, but musically, Glasgow was on another level. We'll see what happens!

Also, in LOVE with Anderson County's show! It's literally eye-candy. 😍

51 minutes ago, BruhBandMoment said:

Anderson wasn’t like BOA. Hopkinsville pleasantly surprised me but I don’t think they still take the cake. Glasgow was INSANE. love that group. prelim awards in 20, will update then

Anderson beats Hopkinsville, Russell beats Glasgow. 4A was close, but i think both bands can do MUCH better. A little disappointed with 3A, Glasgow was much better than Russel in my opinion. 1A isn’t my cup of tea, but from what i saw, the judges had it right. 

• Upvote 2

It was a HOT day for prelims. My guess is that really had an effect on the afternoon runs. Hopefully it will cool down a bit for tonight’s performances.  It’s still a good day to watch bands. 

5 minutes ago, Dudeforeal said:

I'm confused. They didnt advance the top 3 bands per class that was here and the 1 5A band? Assuming they went on points alone?

Most finals I've been to advance the top 10/12/whatever number of bands by points alone regardless of class. Do you know the bands that are moving on?

Just now, Monty said:

Most finals I've been to advance the top 10/12/whatever number of bands by points alone regardless of class. Do you know the bands that are moving on?

All but the bottom 3 1A bands

1 minute ago, Monty said:

All but the bottom 3 1A bands, Metcalfe, Monroe, and Danville.