Kentucky Marching Network

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) Bourbon County 2) Beechwood 3) Madison Central 4) Ryle 5) Taylor County 6) PLD 7) Garrard 8] Madison Southern 9) Pulaski County 10) Russell Indy

Yeah, that panel is about as good as it gets. This isn’t a fluke.

Difficult finals lineup for sure. A lot of this could be very close. I have PLD and Russell Independent getting into Finals here but Woodford would be close. Also pretty high on Madison Southern but I

Posted Images

Difficult finals lineup for sure. A lot of this could be very close. I have PLD and Russell Independent getting into Finals here but Woodford would be close. Also pretty high on Madison Southern but I think they've earned the hype this year. And of course, having Madison Central win over Bourbon is dependent what happens two weeks before. However, even if Bourbon does beat Madison Central at Morehead, I'd still say Madison Central wins here. Two weeks between competitions is time to clean the drill and music, and this Madison Central band can be deadly at the end of a season after they've got everything cleaned up well. Will be close nonetheless, but giving it to Madison Central.

1A

1. Paris
  2. Powell County
  3. Lloyd Memorial

2A

1. Beechwood
  2. Russell Independent
  3. Mercer County
  4. Owen County
  5. Lewis County

3A

1. Taylor County
  2. Garrard County
  3. Pulaski County
  4. East Jessamine
  5. Highlands
  6. West Jessamine

4A

1. Bourbon County
  2. Madison Southern
  3. Woodford County

5A

1. Madison Central
  2. Larry A. Ryle
  3. Paul Laurence Dunbar

Finals

1. Madison Central
  2. Bourbon County
  3. Larry A. Ryle
  4. Taylor County
  5. Beechwood
  6. Madison Southern
  7. Garrard County
  8. Pulaski County
  9. Paul Laurence Dunbar
  10. Russell Independent
  • Upvote 9
3 minutes ago, TubaGod said:

Can you explain your predictions, no hate or anything just curious of why you think that?

Same gentleman that had Beechwood beating Lafayette at Ryle, so...  Maybe it’s more what he wishes would happen than what is likely to. 🙂

That being said, this is one I could get behind!  MC hasn’t competed in a while (unless I missed it) and who knows how much they have cleaned.

• Upvote 1

I think this is the contest where we get a much clearer representation of what all MC has planned for their show. Impressive as heck already but still pretty bare bones on effect. I think they have the highest ceiling so far so I'm anxious to see what they have planned.  I'm not giving up on Dunbar yet either lol. I'm also hoping to see Mad South really come out hitting. I've been impressed with there growth. This will be a great contest. 

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Same gentleman that had Beechwood beating Lafayette at Ryle, so...  Maybe it’s more what he wishes would happen than what is likely to. 🙂

That being said, this is one I could get behind!  MC hasn’t competed in a while (unless I missed it) and who knows how much they have cleaned.

Isn't that what all of our predictions are? How many of you guys are actually critically analysing each band week by week? I just post what could possibly happen and not the same blah blah everyone does. If the scores are so set in stone the bands should just sign up for competitions and recieve their placements and trophies as soon as they arrive.... a nice quick and easy 15 min competition because we already know who is going to win, right?

Edited by Jim E
  • Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Jim E said:

Isn't that what all of our predictions are? How many of you guys are actually critically analysing each band week by week? I just post what could possibly happen and not the same blah blah everyone does. If the scores are so set in stone the bands should just sign up for competitions and recieve their placements and trophies as soon as they arrive.... a nice quick and easy 15 min competition because we already know who is going to win, right?

Are all the predictions that "everyone else" makes on this forum not about what could possibly happen? I am confused about why you believe that your posts should be distinguished from others and feel that you are being any different. The whole purpose of this forum is to discuss how bands are doing throughout the season and how they are progressing and compare to one another, and I don't believe that most of us feel that the "scores are so set in stone" Sure, a band may be performing well and prove itself to be significantly ahead of the rest at a certain point in the season, but things are subject to change and who is to say that other programs can't improve throughout the year and surpass others. Simply put, the point I am trying to make is that we all are not just posting "blah blah" and thought is put into our predictions

Edited by DoctorProctor
  • Upvote 3

Really hoping to see an nice little brawl for the 2-4 placements.  I have my predictions as:

1. Madison Central

2. Ryle

3. Bourbon

4. Beechwood 

5. PLD

6. Taylor Co.

7. Woodford Co.

8. Russell Independent

9. Madison Southern

10. Garrard Co.

No real rhyme or reason to the last 5, just how I would like to see it play out.  As for the first 5, I believe this has a somewhat good shot at being accurate.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Penn Jillette said:

Madison Central/Bourbon

Bourbon/Madison Central

Ryle

Beechwood

Taylor

Madison Southern

Woodford

Russell

Garrard

Pulaski

Beechwood is a force to be reckoned with. I could see them having another great night like they did at Ryle. Madison Central is great and they'll probably win this one but Bourbon could always too. GRC has a pretty good lineup👍

• Upvote 4