3. Adair County 

2. Glasgow

1. Estill County 

11-1 Distinguished 

Visual- Estill County 

Music- Taylor County

Effect- Estill County 

• Upvote 4

Props to the Pulaski Drum Major. Both literally and figuratively. She kept her cool even when moved by rogue front drops and finished conducting the show. I think she deserves a whole clap and a half. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Band_Nerd said:

Props to the Pulaski Drum Major. Both literally and figuratively. She kept her cool even when moved by rogue front drops and finished conducting the show. I think she deserves a whole clap and a half. 

What happened?

12 minutes ago, JJ-2503 said:

What happened?

At their last hit a big gust of wind blew knocked over a back drop and blew two front drops at her podium. If I can link a video I’ll try to. I know one of the band moms

10 minutes ago, Band_Nerd said:

At their last hit a big gust of wind blew knocked over a back drop and blew two front drops at her podium. If I can link a video I’ll try to. I know one of the band moms

Is the band mom from pulaski the same one I’m thinking of?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Donald trumpet said:

Is the band mom from pulaski the same one I’m thinking of?

Sorry fam it isn’t the infamous Pulaski mom. It’s one of her many workers. 

1 hour ago, Band_Nerd said:

Yes!!!!  I think I was more shaken by it than her. Many kudos to her!!!! 

Just now, trumpet6494 said:

Why is no one speaking on Russell Co? Haven’t seen much of that on this thread and was curious on everyone’s opinions on the matter. 

They're a good band that had other good bands do slightly better that day.

• Upvote 2

I do feel bad for Russell Co because they are a good band that just got the bad side of the weather........they definitely would’ve knocked Adair out of finals! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

20 hours ago, trumpet6494 said:

Why is no one speaking on Russell Co? Haven’t seen much of that on this thread and was curious on everyone’s opinions on the matter. 

I definitely thought Russell would be in finals and was shocked when they were announced for sixth place!  In my predictions, I had Russell County in 3rd 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Werdna said:

I definitely thought Russell would be in finals and was shocked when they were announced for sixth place!  In my predictions, I had Russell County in 3rd 

I truly think, had it not been for wind/weather, we could’ve seen an Estill/Glasgow/Russell/Pulaski finals.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

On 10/28/2019 at 8:11 PM, Donald trumpet said:

I truly think, had it not been for wind/weather, we could’ve seen an Estill/Glasgow/Russell/Pulaski finals.

Why do you think Adair and Taylor wouldn’t have made it?  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:11 PM, Donald trumpet said:

Yep, because always count out a band that has made finals 34 years in a row....................................

• Downvote 1

The wind got Russell Co plain and simple. They don't use mics and the wind was blowing so hard on them that it literally blew their sound away. It was a shame cause their show was beautiful under the lights. 

10 hours ago, bdit said:

Yep, because always count out a band that has made finals 34 years in a row....................................

Is it not wrong to make a guess that it could’ve happened who cares they made finals 34 years in a row if there is a year where bands are better that should be perfectly ok because we are in the present not the past

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I don’t know about you but being handed a finals win simply not earned just because of a name is no way I would want to win state finals. 34 years get over it. Would be a more respected win if the previous 2 contests didn’t have the clear results that they had but hey a win is a win. Good for you!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Hoopsgirl said:

I don’t know about you but being handed a finals win simply not earned just because of a name is no way I would want to win state finals. 34 years get over it. Would be a more respected win if the previous 2 contests didn’t have the clear results that they had but hey a win is a win. Good for you!! 

Give it a rest. Oh my god. If another band was in Adair’s position and had come up to win the whole thing over them you’d be dancing in the streets. He didn’t mean they should have it on name he meant that they’re  a program that can get the job done. And anyone who sat and watched finals with any knowledge of the sport (which a lot of you didn’t watch and just assumed Estill would win)  would know without a doubt Adair was top 2. Just like 5/6 judges knew they were top 2. You can’t hang on to semi results going into finals. That’s just not how the game is played. It was a close class. Adair had a bad run at regionals they knew they weren’t winning regionals the moment they stepped off the field. The whole point of finals is to narrow the class down. See those bands back to back. And get a better read on them. That’s a lot harder to do when you’re judging 16 bands. And I assume the weather just miraculously stopped. The wind just ceased to exist when Adair entered the field? They went on right after Russell. Pulaski has a prop blow into their drum major and they went on after Adair... so that means Adair was right in the middle of the bad weather... so one could go on to say.... that’s why Adair was 3rd. you people are really reaching for it... Isn’t it time to stop this? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Saxophone2494 said:

Give it a rest. Oh my god. If another band was in Adair’s position and had come up to win the whole thing over them you’d be dancing in the streets. He didn’t mean they should have it on name he meant that they’re  a program that can get the job done. And anyone who sat and watched finals with any knowledge of the sport (which a lot of you didn’t watch and just assumed Estill would win)  would know without a doubt Adair was top 2. Just like 5/6 judges knew they were top 2. You can’t hang on to semi results going into finals. That’s just not how the game is played. It was a close class. Adair had a bad run at regionals they knew they weren’t winning regionals the moment they stepped off the field. The whole point of finals is to narrow the class down. See those bands back to back. And get a better read on them. That’s a lot harder to do when you’re judging 16 bands. And I assume the weather just miraculously stopped. The wind just ceased to exist when Adair entered the field? They went on right after Russell. Pulaski has a prop blow into their drum major and they went on after Adair... so that means Adair was right in the middle of the bad weather... so one could go on to say.... that’s why Adair was 3rd. you people are really reaching for it... Isn’t it time to stop this? 

I remember this site 13 years ago, and I remember it's predecessor, and being bashed just means that you're on top. My band was bashed all the time because we were on top, and honestly what a time to be alive. You're never the darling when you win constantly. I will admit though, this has gone on far too long.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3