Kentucky Marching Network
JasonHibbler

SMBC 2020 Location

20 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

For the love of everything pure and holy, PLEASE GIVE US UK NEXT YEAR!!!

Agreed! I could pretend I want this bc I think the venue is far superior to any other but the reality is it's bc it's soooooo much closer for me to travel  😂😂😂

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Saxophone2494 said:

I think more finalist is a good idea for a couple classes. But you can’t give 2 classes 6 finalist and the others only 4 is the unfortunate thing. 

Yep, finals will start at 3 pm.........

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Which classes will benefit from more finalists?  3A and 4A?  

I wonder what the gap will be between the 1st place bands and 6th place bands in some classes, mainly 5A.

21 minutes ago, anonbandfan said:

Which classes will benefit from more finalists?  3A and 4A?  

I wonder what the gap will be between the 1st place bands and 6th place bands in some classes, mainly 5A.

3A and 4A are really the only ones where 6 finalists would have any meaning to it. The gap between 1st and 6th will be large in every class.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, Ben Dover said:

For the love of everything pure and holy, PLEASE GIVE US UK NEXT YEAR!!!

Yes amen ,cant even to being with wku

Only bad thing about WKU is the parking. Both spectator and participating bad parking was awful this year.  If you are a finals band you should be able to park your equipment trailers and leave them.  Not the case this year.

I wish with so many participants in all the classes, they would hand out awards at the end of each class.  Even two classes would be better than currently.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Kyfan said:

I wish with so many participants in all the classes, they would hand out awards at the end of each class.  Even two classes would be better than currently.

If they take 6 bands per class they’ll either have to do away with retreat or have 2 retreats. 

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Saxophone2494 said:

If they take 6 bands per class they’ll either have to do away with retreat or have 2 retreats. 

Will definitely be interesting to see what KMEA decides to do. No way can they get 30 bands on the field for a retreat, then with finals having to start so early.............maybe do a modified version of the ISSMA finals.

I’d say the logical thing to do would be to have a retreat for 1A, 2A, and 3A. 4A and 5A perform after retreat and have their own retreat to end the night. 

If they try to keep the same retreat format with 10 extra bands, it’ll be a colossal mess.

Edited by Brass33

1 hour ago, Brass33 said:

I’d say the logical thing to do would be to have a retreat for 1A, 2A, and 3A. 4A and 5A perform after retreat and have their own retreat to end the night. 

If they try to keep the same retreat format with 10 extra bands, it’ll be a colossal mess.

If it weren't a colossal mess, would it truly be KMEA?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

They could layer the smaller classes. 3 in the front 3 in the back. Do a drum majors front and center thing. But it would be crowded. You’re looking at 300 more kids at least. 

2 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

If it weren't a colossal mess, would it truly be KMEA?

Mess is putting it lightly! What is a mess is that we now have just over 100 bands competing in KMEA and your telling me 30 are finals worthy???? Whoever the host is have plenty of popcorn and hot chocolate ready that we can snack on during those extra 10 mediocre bands! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, The Boxer said:

Mess is putting it lightly! What is a mess is that we now have just over 100 bands competing in KMEA and your telling me 30 are finals worthy???? Whoever the host is have plenty of popcorn and hot chocolate ready that we can snack on during those extra 10 mediocre bands! 

The thing is, making it to where we have 6 finalists in each class will turn 100 groups participating into around 120. 

I’m not in favor of 6 finalists (strictly from a quality standpoint) but this move would be pretty advantageous in all facets for KMEA. 6 finalists would see an increase in participation, larger crowd at finals, and increased revenue. Can’t really see a negative from their perspective. 

Edited by Brass33
  • Thanks 1