Kentucky Marching Network
bandman

Jobs OPEN in 2020//

13 minutes ago, Kait said:

West Jessamine has hired Adelaide Young.

16 hours ago, MetzFan said:

Apparently both of Central Hardin’s assistants are gone. What happened there? 

Is this a serious question?

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, MetzFan said:

Apparently both of Central Hardin’s assistants are gone. What happened there? 

I, too would like to know ...

30 minutes ago, bdit said:

Is this a serious question?

Yes? They’ve both left. Not sure why or where. My source doesn’t know either. Seems odd. 

Maybe those assistants found an opportunity to get away from the crazy person they work for...👀

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

On 8/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, theblowtorch said:

Maybe those assistants found an opportunity to get away from the crazy person they work for...👀

image.gif

• Upvote 2

On 8/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, theblowtorch said:

Work "with," definitely not "for." They work "for" the Hardin Co Board of Ed, and are assigned to each building and its principal. 

I know what you were referring to, though 😎

• Upvote 2

On 8/23/2020 at 2:24 PM, theblowtorch said:

I was told their marching band went from around 125 kids to around 60 something. But I imagine COVID had something to do with it. 

Edited by MetzFan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MetzFan said:

I was told their marching band went from around 125 kids to around 60 something. But I imagine COVID had something to do with it. 

I would hope so. The same thing ironically happened in the late 1990's. I think in 1997 they had about 180. In 1998, 112. This was right before JHHS was built. 

It takes almost no time with the wrong person to destroy years of progress. 

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, The Stig said:
On 8/23/2020 at 2:01 PM, MetzFan said:

Yes? They’ve both left. Not sure why or where. My source doesn’t know either. Seems odd. 

I was told one took a job in another county, and the other is now an assistant principal. 

5 hours ago, MetzFan said:

What I hear is there was a huge drop in the number of students signing up for marching band, although the concert band numbers didn't change much. And then COVID hit, which knocked a few on the fence into the 'not worth the effort' group. 

58 minutes ago, The Stig said:

It takes almost no time with the wrong person to destroy years of progress. 

I hope that's not the case. CH always seemed to have a good group of kids and a decent band for a school that historically focused more on their sports teams than their band. Any program faces special challenges with a director change. The impression I get is the 'change' last year was not handled well at the top. Here's hoping lessons were learned and they can bounce back. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Stig said:

It appears that Henderson County just came open the other day. 

Any word on Connor Kinmon?

That job is for the HS assistant. Think that person left for the East Hardin middle job, which surprises me, because that is only a 1-year gig as of now. That whole side of Hardin seems to be in such disarray now.

Edited by bdit