Jump to content
Kentucky Marching Network

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Bandgeeks1 said:

Please please please be playing Brittney!

there is a part where it is Brittney, but I hear its mostly original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chorgnart said:

there is a part where it is Brittney, but I hear its mostly original.

I'm good with that lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Britney is the new big thing in the marching arts. 

Also, "Its Britney, b!+€h!" 

Only one T. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

Sounds like Britney is the new big thing in the marching arts. 

Also, "Its Britney, b!+€h!" 

Only one T. Lol.

My apologies 😂😂😂 I shall hang my head in shame and think about what I've done lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bandgeeks1 said:

My apologies 😂😂😂 I shall hang my head in shame and think about what I've done lol. 

Where is she when you need her? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chorgnart said:

no more shows. Smh

I think directors are waiting to see if they can even have a season before getting kids excited for a show, honestly. Show reveals can be a great recruiting method, though, so the moment they get the go-ahead I’m assuming we’ll see about a dozen reveals that same day.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, Bandgeeks1 said:

I'm good with that lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this one!

We just got our show music for our winds and all i can really say is 1. I LOVE IT 2. Britney is the ballad 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chorgnart said:

We just got our show music for our winds and all i can really say is 1. I LOVE IT 2. Britney is the ballad 

This makes me happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Chorgnart said:

We just got our show music for our winds and all i can really say is 1. I LOVE IT 2. Britney is the ballad 

If it's Toxic as a ballad, not sure how I feel about that. I'll have to reserve thoughts until seeing it on the field. 

I will say I'm loving the music of my yiuth is finally making its way to the field. Not sure if I could handle another Queen or Journey ballad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:01 PM, Ben Dover said:

If it's Toxic as a ballad, not sure how I feel about that. I'll have to reserve thoughts until seeing it on the field. 

I will say I'm loving the music of my yiuth is finally making its way to the field. Not sure if I could handle another Queen or Journey ballad...

Hmmm, surprised that most bands aren't staying more up to date with the music they draw from?   I mean... I've always thought a show made up of Fleetwood Mac songs would be killer.... but too out of date for today's kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LMHSClarinetAlum said:

Hmmm, surprised that most bands aren't staying more up to date with the music they draw from?   I mean... I've always thought a show made up of Fleetwood Mac songs would be killer.... but too out of date for today's kids.

I feel like it’s largely because most modern pop doesn’t lend itself to the epic, dark feel of modern marching band. Lots more focus on groovy, syncopated rhythms and “vibes” moreso than the grand feel of older pop/rock music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LMHSClarinetAlum said:

Hmmm, surprised that most bands aren't staying more up to date with the music they draw from?   I mean... I've always thought a show made up of Fleetwood Mac songs would be killer.... but too out of date for today's kids.

You'd be surprised by what todays kids are listening to. 

19 hours ago, trombobble said:

I feel like it’s largely because most modern pop doesn’t lend itself to the epic, dark feel of modern marching band. Lots more focus on groovy, syncopated rhythms and “vibes” moreso than the grand feel of older pop/rock music.

That and the same 4 chords doesn't lend itself well...wait...Avon 2019. 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 2:17 PM, Chase said:

Here's a list I started making, feel free to update it as shows become known

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TC-oNAGvv0od8HThYs0CQ05dA8ZDMrJDgbzAbdeaLnA/edit?usp=drivesdk

 

Whoever messed with this, you're immature and rude. Next one I make, people will only be allowed to view and not edit it if people are going to behave this way. Completely unacceptable.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Dover said:

You'd be surprised by what todays kids are listening to. 

That and the same 4 chords doesn't lend itself well...wait...Avon 2019. 👀

I do often find myself surprised. 

I listen to a radio show; one of the hosts has a teenage daughter that listens to really old music, crooners from the 50's.   That's all she likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, Ben Dover said:

Where is she when you need her? Lol.

Buy GLORY on iTunes.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 11:05 PM, Chase said:

Whoever messed with this, you're immature and rude. Next one I make, people will only be allowed to view and not edit it if people are going to behave this way. Completely unacceptable.

Wow, the person who did that obviously doesn't know how almost every single drum corp reveals their show MONTHS ahead of their first performances. And high schools have been doing it for year be it some don't allow their kids spreading it around. This is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chorgnart said:

Wow, the person who did that obviously doesn't know how almost every single drum corp reveals their show MONTHS ahead of their first performances. And high schools have been doing it for year be it some don't allow their kids spreading it around. This is ridiculous.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 9:56 PM, Ben Dover said:

You'd be surprised by what todays kids are listening to. 

As all youths have done for centuries, they are listening to My Chemical Romance.  They are angst embodied. They are eternal.  They are life. Long live MCR.

 

Edited by Fimbar
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fimbar said:

As all youths have done for centuries, they are listening to My Chemical Romance.  They are angst embodied. They are eternal.  They are life. Long live MCR.

 

Still waiting on a “The Black Parade” show... So much good source music on that album. Plus little melodic bits throughout the songs that aren’t good full source material for other sections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, trombobble said:

Still waiting on a “The Black Parade” show... So much good source music on that album. Plus little melodic bits throughout the songs that aren’t good full source material for other sections.

Troopers used the title track as the opening to their 2018 show. It was only about 1 minute of actual show time, but it worked pretty well. It was strange to hear Troopers playing My Chemical Romance.

 

Z

#11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a brand new google sheet for 2020 Marching Shows, However, this time: if you want a show added to it you can dm me and request it and it will get on there.

 

Edited by Bandgeek25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bandgeek25 said:

Made a brand new google sheet for 2020 Marching Shows, However, this time: if you want a show added to it you can dm me and request it and it will get on there.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12talabuPzANx2RxvfxUyM7CfpCxHxZxkINq-ccVifGs/edit?usp=sharing

Might want to allow access to see the shows, otherwise it's just for your personal gain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×