Kentucky Marching Network
Sign in to follow this  
mulandarnthorn27

2020 Midwest Clinic

Thought I would share some positive news in the band world. From Brian Froedge's Facebook, The North Hardin High School Wind Symphony has been invited to perform at the 74th Annual Midwest Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago this December. This marks the ensemble's 4th invitation and were last invited in 2015.

KY high school ensembles have had a decent streak of appearances at Midwest in the past few years. I believe YPAS has had their orchestra and percussion ensemble perform there within the past few years. So it's great to see such consistent showing of our young KY musicians at such a prestigious event. 

Congrats to the North Hardin Wind Symphony! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just canceled yesterday 😔

• Sad 1

I wonder if the invitation to perform for North Hardin will carry over to next year or no? Does anyone on here from there know? I sure hope they are able to perform

On 6/30/2020 at 8:05 PM, Mike Honcho said:

I wonder if the invitation to perform for North Hardin will carry over to next year or no? Does anyone on here from there know? I sure hope they are able to perform

I meant to share that the event was canceled but WGIFAN beat me to it. I have not heard any details as to whether the invitation will carry over but I will share any details if they come my way.

Personally, I think it was a good call. We just passed 50,000 cases in a single day. With the way things are going who knows how bad this pandemic will get in our country as the year goes on. I think it's a waste of time to be planning for marching band. It stinks that we're going to essentially miss a year of the marching arts but it's not worth risking lives for. Stay safe and wear a mask!

6 hours ago, mulandarnthorn27 said:

I meant to share that the event was canceled but WGIFAN beat me to it. I have not heard any details as to whether the invitation will carry over but I will share any details if they come my way.

Personally, I think it was a good call. We just passed 50,000 cases in a single day. With the way things are going who knows how bad this pandemic will get in our country as the year goes on. I think it's a waste of time to be planning for marching band. It stinks that we're going to essentially miss a year of the marching arts but it's not worth risking lives for. Stay safe and wear a mask!

Dont put the cart before the horse. Don’t count your chickens.

Edited by therightstuff