Kentucky Marching Network

On 6/16/2020 at 2:12 PM, Ben Dover said:

Bands that have been cleared to have a season...

- Barren County

- Christian County

- Green County

- Hopkinsville

Bands that are taking a year off due to Covid-19...

- Mayfield

- Owensboro

I will update this list as bands announce.

Any other updates?

3 hours ago, BandMom78 said:

Any other updates?

Grayson County has been added to the list.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

Grayson County has been added to the list.

Shoot me a message when you hear about Campbell County. Apparently, you are the person with all the info.

Z

Wonders if I can run a basics block with a mask on?

• Upvote 1

I’ve heard Campbell CO. has slashed the Fall and Winter programs for the next two years. I really hope this is not true. 😔 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, WGIFAN said:

I’ve heard Campbell CO. has slashed the Fall and Winter programs for the next two years. I really hope this is not true. 😔 

Because of COVID? Or other reasons? I love their marching band. 

4 hours ago, MikeZ said:

Shoot me a message when you hear about Campbell County. Apparently, you are the person with all the info.

Z

Wonders if I can run a basics block with a mask on?

Why in the hell is it every time I post information you decide to jump on her and try to out me down? Do you not have anything better to do? Maybe you should learn how to pronounce water, because it's certainly not worter. Here, let me help you...

Wuh-ah-t-er

Now go practice and leave me the hell alone. 🤣

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WGIFAN said:

I haven't heard this. Regardless of what smart comment Mike Zerhusen wants to come up with next, I'll ask my contacts around that area and see if they've heard anything. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, WGIFAN said:

Not according to their FB page......

If you announce a band has decided to not participate this year, PLEASE leave a link or screen shot to some kind of press release--even if it is a post on social media. 

I do not want to have a nasty rumor mill started in this thread. 

Also, can someone share documentation on bands that have already declaring their position for the 2020 marching season, please?

• Upvote 2

Fake news incoming...

Post from Barren Counties director that I received from a friend. 

Screenshot_20200626-163218~2.png

More fake news incoming...

Screenshot I received from a friend on Christian County.

Screenshot_20200626-163258~2.png

Guess what, more fake news!

This time from Grayson County.

Screenshot_20200626-163100~3.png

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

If you announce a band has decided to not participate this year, PLEASE leave a link or screen shot to some kind of press release--even if it is a post on social media. 

I do not want to have a nasty rumor mill started in this thread. 

Also, can someone share documentation on bands that have already declaring their position for the 2020 marching season, please?

Screenshots from Facebook that I have received are posted above. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

How about you all stop acting like kids for 5 minutes? Shut up and discuss things like civil human beings because people are tired of seeing it here. I work with Grayson, I can confirm they are good to go. They also will not be charging band fees this year.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Chase has spoken, guess we have to pack up our crayons and head home now. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I am becoming less and less optimistic about the fall every day. You’re seeing some districts shutting down athletic teams for weeks due to a positive test. It’s bound to happen to some groups and I fear some programs being shut down for weeks in the middle of the season. I think some programs will just not want to take the risk.

• Upvote 2

I stumbled upon Chuck Smith doing a FB Live on Lafayette’s page to give an update on their plans.Gives us an insight to the fall and what a lot of programs are dealing with right now.

Summary: 

- Lafayette doesn’t know what they’re going to do yet. The program and school still have a lot of questions that they’re waiting to be answered. 
- He said he believes BOA will go on. Didn’t mention KMEA.
- Question about whether or not there will be crowds at contests. Answer: Maybe 

- Parents are not willing to commit payments with the season up in the air. (I bet this is a problem for a lot of programs right now)
- He doesn’t know if he’ll be able to effectively rehearse a group the size of his within the guidelines. Waiting to get word on guidelines for groups 200+. If it’s even possible.
- Said he’s optimistic but won’t know anything definitive for a couple weeks.

• Upvote 1

39C4B6AA-D68A-4634-9D68-599B6E193360.jpeg

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Chase said:

39C4B6AA-D68A-4634-9D68-599B6E193360.jpeg

All of Jefferson County apparently. 😔

We all have to do our part in staying healthy and making the right decisions. I cannot speak for the people who are throwing caution to the wind. 

This illness is real. I was devastated to find out today that Minor League Baseball had been cancelled for the year along with the Oktoberfest in LaCrosse, WI--where many Blue Stars alum play in an alumni corps every year. 

13 hours ago, Brass33 said:

I am becoming less and less optimistic about the fall every day. You’re seeing some districts shutting down athletic teams for weeks due to a positive test. It’s bound to happen to some groups and I fear some programs being shut down for weeks in the middle of the season. I think some programs will just not want to take the risk.

Which districts are shutting down for weeks? I’ve only heard of one.

9 hours ago, Brass33 said:

I stumbled upon Chuck Smith doing a FB Live on Lafayette’s page to give an update on their plans.Gives us an insight to the fall and what a lot of programs are dealing with right now.

Summary: 

- Lafayette doesn’t know what they’re going to do yet. The program and school still have a lot of questions that they’re waiting to be answered. 
- He said he believes BOA will go on. Didn’t mention KMEA.
- Question about whether or not there will be crowds at contests. Answer: Maybe 

- Parents are not willing to commit payments with the season up in the air. (I bet this is a problem for a lot of programs right now)
- He doesn’t know if he’ll be able to effectively rehearse a group the size of his within the guidelines. Waiting to get word on guidelines for groups 200+. If it’s even possible.
- Said he’s optimistic but won’t know anything definitive for a couple weeks.

This was a good move by Mr. Smith to put some pressure on the decision makers.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, therightstuff said:

This was a good move by Mr. Smith to put some pressure on the decision makers.

That’s not how it works.......

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4