Kentucky Marching Network

1 hour ago, theblowtorch said:

Retirement?

I think he has a few more years before he hits retirement, but I could be mistaken. He did only start at Rowan in 2001. Not sure where he was prior.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John was MNHHS Class of '03, played trumpet, went to Western. Tyler was MNHHS Class of '10, played trombone, went to UK, Eastman, and now studying from CCM. I know both of them; both have go

Good lord, I said I considered many variables, including but not limited to, concert band, marching band, enrollment figures, scores and placements in SMBC and other circuits. I'm sorry you missed tha

"Ain't no soap box here" but you decided to continue and write a short story about the topic.  You do realize that a lot of the upper classmen in these bands quit to get jobs right? That's the th

Posted Images

Not sure if anyone caught it since they don’t march, but Robertson County has hired Dallas Hunt as their new K-12 instructor. Mr. Hunt just graduated from Morehead State this spring and from what I understand has taught camp at Harrison County and is a graduate of Nicholas County. Excited to hopefully see him bring that program to the field eventually!

3 hours ago, Martha Dumptruck said:

Not sure if anyone caught it since they don’t march, but Robertson County has hired Dallas Hunt as their new K-12 instructor. Mr. Hunt just graduated from Morehead State this spring and from what I understand has taught camp at Harrison County and is a graduate of Nicholas County. Excited to hopefully see him bring that program to the field eventually!

From my understanding, Robertson has never fielded a marching band because they just don't have the board support nor enough students to field a band. Based on the KHSAA enrollment numbers, for the 2019-2020 school year they saw an enrollment total of 117. The entire population of the county is only 2,123 as of 2019. Based on this information, I wouldn't expect them to field a marching band, frankly ever. 

10 hours ago, The Stig said:

Not old enough. 

His bio on Facebook has him at Bryan Station MS. 

I tried that, but nothing popped up for me. At least that mystery is solved. Michael Wooley is also listed on the Dunbar band website, so it's official.

20 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

From my understanding, Robertson has never fielded a marching band because they just don't have the board support nor enough students to field a band. Based on the KHSAA enrollment numbers, for the 2019-2020 school year they saw an enrollment total of 117. The entire population of the county is only 2,123 as of 2019. Based on this information, I wouldn't expect them to field a marching band, frankly ever. 

Smallest county in the state population-wise (and second smallest by land size...only Gallatin is physically smaller).  Used to be "Deming" High School, but back in 2013 they consolidated into the "Robertson County School."  Which is what it sounds like...a single K-12 school. 

Now that's tiny.  

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 3
36 minutes ago, KMEA Commenter said:

Smallest county in the state population-wise (and second smallest by land size...only Gallatin is physically smaller).  Used to be "Deming" High School, but back in 2013 they consolidated into the "Robertson County School."  Which is what it sounds like...a single K-12 school. 

Now that's tiny.  

giphy-downsized.gif

If you've ever been there, you would understand. I believe the time I was driving through they had a single stop light and a Subway. That's it, but it looks as if Subway has left town too after a Google search. 

Kevin Callihan is now the director of bands at YPAS. 

Harlan County has an opening. 

Also.. be glad a place like a Robertson County has a music program. You cannot expect a place that small to have everything.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

If you've ever been there, you would understand. I believe the time I was driving through they had a single stop light and a Subway. That's it, but it looks as if Subway has left town too after a Google search. 

I’m sure they have at least 2 dollar generals 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Kevin Callihan is now the director of bands at YPAS. 

Harlan County has an opening. 

Also.. be glad a place like a Robertson County has a music program. You cannot expect a place that small to have everything.

Harlan County seems to have an opening every summer. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, The Stig said:

4?

I guess I was referring to more of the time frame, meaning not staying anywhere long….maybe it’s an Apollo thing……

Edited by bdit
6 minutes ago, bdit said:

I guess I was referring to more of the time frame, meaning not staying anywhere long….maybe it’s an Apollo thing……

Could be a great job.. weird feeder situation doesn’t make it any easier. 

15 hours ago, Saxophone2494 said:

I’m sure they have at least 2 dollar generals 

Closest Dollar General is in Brooksville which is to the north in Bracken County. They do however have a Family Dollar. Lol.

16 hours ago, The Stig said:

Tenure can be a cruel mistress..

To a degree; they can still be transferred or put on a corrective action plan…..if you have an admin that cares (which is a huge issue across KY right now). Plus, insubordination is not covered under tenure.