Kentucky Marching Network

3 hours ago, Jim E said:

Daryl angel!😂

I'm sorry, I fail to see why this is funny. He won a state championship in 3A, had bands in both 3A and 4A prior to him leaving, and had seen success in the concert setting as well. Every director after him failed in comparison to the level of success and musicianship that he brought to Dixie Heights, so yes, he deserves to be part of the list and in the discussion of directors who had success at a school that no other had after him.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John was MNHHS Class of '03, played trumpet, went to Western. Tyler was MNHHS Class of '10, played trombone, went to UK, Eastman, and now studying from CCM. I know both of them; both have go

Good lord, I said I considered many variables, including but not limited to, concert band, marching band, enrollment figures, scores and placements in SMBC and other circuits. I'm sorry you missed tha

"Ain't no soap box here" but you decided to continue and write a short story about the topic.  You do realize that a lot of the upper classmen in these bands quit to get jobs right? That's the th

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

I'm sorry, I fail to see why this is funny. He won a state championship in 3A, had bands in both 3A and 4A prior to him leaving, and had seen success in the concert setting as well. Every director after him failed in comparison to the level of success and musicianship that he brought to Dixie Heights, so yes, he deserves to be part of the list and in the discussion of directors who had success at a school that no other had after him.

Do you not have Google? We’re still waiting on another trial to start in this state in 2021........maybe you should also include him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, bdit said:

Do you not have Google? We’re still waiting on another trial to start in this state in 2021........maybe you should also include him.

Paul Davis as well??

• Haha 1

I have removed Daryl Angel. I wasn't aware of the situation as I was 8 years old at the time. I was just told that I should include him and was sent reasons why. Nothing about what happened causing him to resign.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

I have removed Daryl Angel. I wasn't aware of the situation as I was 8 years old at the time. I was just told that I should include him and was sent reasons why. Nothing about what happened causing him to resign.

It's all good. Its always devastating when a change happens for that reason. 

Anyway.. Campbellsville is officially open. 

23 minutes ago, The Stig said:

It's all good. Its always devastating when a change happens for that reason. 

Anyway.. Campbellsville is officially open. 

Their previous director has accepted the Adair County assistant position.

• Upvote 1

John was MNHHS Class of '03, played trumpet, went to Western.

Tyler was MNHHS Class of '10, played trombone, went to UK, Eastman, and now studying from CCM.

I know both of them; both have gone very different pathways, but both deserve a chance to prove themselves. Plenty of Madisonville students are in music education, and all have been trained very well by Rob Bryant, Fred Ashby, Alan Emerson, Randy Adams, and others along the way. They know the Second District and, with the right support, they will work hard to make their programs successful. It may not be immediate, but it will happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Ben Dover said:

Meagan Gentry is the new assistant director at Pulaski County.

Good luck to her.........my understanding is that's a crap job and an even crappier schedule. Hopefully she can get her feet wet and move on quickly.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, bdit said:

Good luck to her.........my understanding is that's a crap job and an even crappier schedule. Hopefully she can get her feet wet and move on quickly.

"Crap job?"  Wait till PulaskiMom hears about this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, KMEA Commenter said:

"Crap job?"  Wait till PulaskiMom hears about this.  

Ha! Heard it’s no band during the school day......if true, then that = crap job. If I’m wrong, I’d love to see the schedule. But it’s a job......

58 minutes ago, bdit said:

Ha! Heard it’s no band during the school day......if true, then that = crap job. If I’m wrong, I’d love to see the schedule. But it’s a job......

Team teaching 8th grade Band and High School Band during the school day.

Also Arts and Humanities, a Pop Music class, and Yearbook.  Not a dream schedule, but not horrible either.

Edited by kybandman
46 minutes ago, kybandman said:

Team teaching 8th grade Band and High School Band during the school day.

Also Arts and Humanities, a Pop Music class, and Yearbook.  Not a dream schedule, but not horrible either.

Not too bad; wonder if she will get to direct the 8th grade band? Meaning at festivals, etc. I would assume so if she is the MS director. So she also gets to do 6th and 7th band?

1 hour ago, theblowtorch said:

Mike Wooley is the new assistant at PLD per Facebook. That’s a significant upgrade at PLD and leaves a massive void at South Laurel. 

Where did Kevin Christie go? 

8 hours ago, theblowtorch said:

Mike Wooley is the new assistant at PLD per Facebook. That’s a significant upgrade at PLD and leaves a massive void at South Laurel. 

He also had free run at South Laurel and I doubt he will have that at Dunbar, so we will see how effective this will be. I think design will definitely take a few steps up the ladder though.

• Confused 1
6 hours ago, The Stig said:

Where did Kevin Christie go? 

I've been asking around for a couple weeks now since I found out about Wooley, but nobody seems to know anything.

9 minutes ago, Ben Dover said:

I've been asking around for a couple weeks now since I found out about Wooley, but nobody seems to know anything.

Retirement?