Kentucky Marching Network

10 minutes ago, Fan in the Stands said:

100% there was a candidate not just from outside but from out of state interviewed. 

Um, you do understand he’s an alumnus of there……wouldn’t necessarily call that “outside”

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could you please share these wonderful mystery sources on Adair’s hire? Whoever told you this is way out of touch with what happened. There was one right choice for the job and that was Jordan Humphre

I’m typically always my own source because I’m involved closely with the group. I know how the process went so when details were provided that are contrary to what I know to be true then I asked for t

You're not even worth the time to argue over LOL

37 minutes ago, bdit said:

Um, you do understand he’s an alumnus of there……wouldn’t necessarily call that “outside”

I mean basically all of the applicants were either Adair alumni or assistants. Out of state was as far out of the program as we could reach I’d say. Especially since he hadn’t had anything to do with the program for decades.

Just saw a video fo Murray. They have no business sounded as good as they do! Holy crap! Sounds like they got their instrumentation numbers sorted out. Such a large, full sound! Excited to see the heights this band can reach this year!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Fan in the Stands said:

100% there was a candidate not just from outside but from out of state interviewed. 

That statement is a bit misleading don't you think?  There were at least two in state candidates who I know for a fact were interested and expressed interest, but were not given an interview.   Both with several years of head band directing experience and a proven track record.  

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, ANUBIS said:

That statement is a bit misleading don't you think?  There were at least two in state candidates who I know for a fact were interested and expressed interest, but were not given an interview.   Both with several years of head band directing experience and a proven track record.  

I mean you asked if someone outside the program was interviewed and that’s the truth of the matter. I’m not sure we should keep detailing the 3A conversation but I do know of 2 in state candidates myself that applied. One was not a good fit for our program despite recent success and the other really only wanted the assistant job and stated such when applying. Implying that applications were not considered is a little bit of a stretch if you didn’t see the process. I know the people involved reviewed every single application received, checked into their work, and in some instances already had experiences with the applicants in some capacity. 

At the end of the day what matters is if the program made the right choices for itself despite what the public perceives as the right choice early on. I firmly believe that the people involved made the right hires both for the head and assistant director positions. I’m out on the field with those guys at every night rehearsal. Their work ethic and passion for the activity and the kids is incredible to witness. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ben Dover said:

Just saw a video fo Murray. They have no business sounded as good as they do! Holy crap! Sounds like they got their instrumentation numbers sorted out. Such a large, full sound! Excited to see the heights this band can reach this year!

I disagree with you, other than the opening statement. 

14 hours ago, Fan in the Stands said:

I mean you asked if someone outside the program was interviewed and that’s the truth of the matter. I’m not sure we should keep detailing the 3A conversation but I do know of 2 in state candidates myself that applied. One was not a good fit for our program despite recent success and the other really only wanted the assistant job and stated such when applying. Implying that applications were not considered is a little bit of a stretch if you didn’t see the process. I know the people involved reviewed every single application received, checked into their work, and in some instances already had experiences with the applicants in some capacity. 

At the end of the day what matters is if the program made the right choices for itself despite what the public perceives as the right choice early on. I firmly believe that the people involved made the right hires both for the head and assistant director positions. I’m out on the field with those guys at every night rehearsal. Their work ethic and passion for the activity and the kids is incredible to witness. 

No sense in continuing to beat a dead horse on this subject.  Lots of subjective opinions being stated in your above comments i.e., one candidate not a good fit for program, etc.  The two names that I was referring to would both be stellar fits with their capabilities, affiliation to the program, work ethics and historical background.  Both with allot more experience.   Regardless, as stated before, I do wish nothing but success to the program and all involved.

See if I was hoping the best for a director and program I wouldn’t get on a public forum and talk about how they were the least qualified and how corners were cut… but in true Adair fashion, he doesn’t need anyone’s approval and he doesn’t need your lucid “best wishes” he has already proven to be great and will continue to do so… 

Any who… here’s how I personally think 3A will pan out 

Top 3 in no order 

Adair 

Estill 

Murray 

I think Estill will lead the pack through out the season but that final night I think it’s anyone’s game. I have the least confidence in Murray but they have plenty of time to prove me wrong… 

next 3 in no order 

Russell Co. 

Russell Ind.

Taylor 

I know they’ve been hit hard but I can’t imagine Russell County missing out on a top 6 finals when they play the way they do. Russell Ind is a bit bold but also completely possible and I’m on that hype train. I think Taylor has the least likely chance of missing finals out of these 3…

Bands you can’t count out 

Garrard- watch them they will surprise you 

madison Southern- off to a great start but not sure if they’ll keep it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Saxophone2494 said:

See if I was hoping the best for a director and program I wouldn’t get on a public forum and talk about how they were the least qualified and how corners were cut… but in true Adair fashion, he doesn’t need anyone’s approval and he doesn’t need your lucid “best wishes” he has already proven to be great and will continue to do so… 

Any who… here’s how I personally think 3A will pan out 

Top 3 in no order 

Adair 

Estill 

Murray 

I think Estill will lead the pack through out the season but that final night I think it’s anyone’s game. I have the least confidence in Murray but they have plenty of time to prove me wrong… 

next 3 in no order 

Russell Co. 

Russell Ind.

Taylor 

I know they’ve been hit hard but I can’t imagine Russell County missing out on a top 6 finals when they play the way they do. Russell Ind is a bit bold but also completely possible and I’m on that hype train. I think Taylor has the least likely chance of missing finals out of these 3…

Bands you can’t count out 

Garrard- watch them they will surprise you 

madison Southern- off to a great start but not sure if they’ll keep it.

This is a forum where we can state opinions.  I try to state facts as much as possible.  What I said about the two  in state candidates and their proven track records and compared experience is 100% truth and factual.  I  love it when others try to put words in my mouth.  I wasn’t trying to bad mouth the director.  The intent in the discussion was just to state the surprise in the decision regarding how those other potentials were not given an interview or seemingly any real consideration.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

After seeing Russell County in person yesterday it’s already time to have them back as a front runner for 3A. I had the bar low for them after some discussions this past week. However, they are right on pace now to be in the mix for a state championship. 

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, Fan in the Stands said:

After seeing Russell County in person yesterday it’s already time to have them back as a front runner for 3A. I had the bar low for them after some discussions this past week. However, they are right on pace now to be in the mix for a state championship. 

I agree… 3A as a whole is just incredibly hard to place right now… and I see a lot of potential finalists and more than a couple potential champions… this class will be the nail biter on finals night 

6 hours ago, Fan in the Stands said:

Saw a video of Russell today and I have to admit, they aren't bad at all. For their size, they're performing pretty good. They've got my attention👍

11 hours ago, Ghetsis said:

Saw a video of Russell today and I have to admit, they aren't bad at all. For their size, they're performing pretty good. They've got my attention👍

If Russell Co is that strong from the video I saw, and along with the time they were shut down/quarantined, dang they will be phenomenal by the end of October. My concern is how will quarantines affect bands once we get to after Fall break before Regional weekend.

My predictions in no order!

adair

estill

russell county

taylor

murray

garrard

i know at this point, Garrard may be a reach. But it seems like they always start off slower than the rest. They are historically a band that linearly gets better as the season progresses….but we will see what happens this season! 

• Upvote 1