Kentucky Marching Network

2022 Job Postings

Topic will be automatically locked at 06:00 AM

Once information comes available, this will be a place for job openings to be announced. 

Here are the guidelines: 

In the past, we have had rules on waiting on students to be notified. Since this is 2022 and just about everyone has access to KDE's job postings, I will waive that. 

If there are extenuating circumstances on the job opening (i.e. criminal charges, termination) I will allow that information to be posted ONLY if it is from a reputable news source. Always remember--innocent till proven guilty. 

I will allow social media posts in reference to retirements and job announcements. Please post in the form of a screen shot for verification. 

Lets keep rumors out of this thread. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

To quote Laganja Estranja: it’s very dry, almost kinda like…

Anyways as a college music ed student this is what I hate the most about the major. The uncertainty if my first year out is gonna be one where there’s a new opening every two weeks or one like this, where we’re almost to April with a single posting out there.

Edited by trombobble
Forgot a word
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, theblowtorch said:

Henderson County seems to have a revolving door of directors. 

I have heard this might be an assistant job from a pretty reliable source. Since we are talking about a place that has had some turnover in the last 10 years, anything is a possibility. 

13 hours ago, theblowtorch said:

Band Director at Franklin Simpson is posted 

that could be a good job for someone that wants to get in there and work. Needs to get back on the upswing

11 minutes ago, bdit said:

that could be a good job for someone that wants to get in there and work. Needs to get back on the upswing

It's a good community with good people. I have several friends that teach in that system. You're 35 minutes from Nashville and about 25 from Bowling Green. Band director is taking a GA position at WKU. 

Lewis County has a potential to be great. Solid resources at Morehead and Ashland isn't too far away. I have felt for years this program was on the cusp of the next step. Since I don't know anyone directly associated with the program, I could not tell you why they're leaving. However, they were there for 3 years. 

I surely hope they hire some great directors. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

It's a good community with good people. I have several friends that teach in that system. You're 35 minutes from Nashville and about 25 from Bowling Green. Band director is taking a GA position at WKU. 

Lewis County has a potential to be great. Solid resources at Morehead and Ashland isn't too far away. I have felt for years this program was on the cusp of the next step. Since I don't know anyone directly associated with the program, I could not tell you why they're leaving. However, they were there for 3 years. 

I surely hope they hire some great directors. 

agreed on both fronts; Lewis Co also has pretty descent facilities.

Green Co is another position with tons of potential, but as I understand it currently it is an absolute dumpster fire. CU a few miles up the road, and LWC as well.