Kentucky Marching Network

2022 Job Postings

Topic will be automatically locked at 06:00 AM

16 minutes ago, bigbandfan said:

Lawrence County and Lincoln County are posted.

I usually like to compare stipends, both across districts and within. Head football/basketball at Lincoln stipend is $11,111 each; head band director is $5500.........you've got to be kidding me........oh, and middle school band is $650

12 minutes ago, bdit said:

I usually like to compare stipends, both across districts and within. Head football/basketball at Lincoln stipend is $11,111 each; head band director is $5500.........you've got to be kidding me........oh, and middle school band is $650

Don't some districts have one category for HS Boys Basketball Coach, Head Football Coach, and Head Band Director in reference of stipend?

23 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Don't some districts have one category for HS Boys Basketball Coach, Head Football Coach, and Head Band Director in reference of stipend?

I will say that with a significant number of districts, all "heads" have the same stipend; this is normally the head football, girl's/boy's basketball, and head band director. Some have percentages of base pay, so your number of years will factor into it.  Baseball/softball are almost always less. 

Lawrence Co is $4000 stipend plus 5 extended days; all other heads are $6000 flat. That will about equal out, depending on what your base daily rate is.

Here's another one (again, these numbers are readily available under "Finance" of most district web sites).....Henderson Co heads: $12,000.......Head band director: $7000........ 

Pikeville has been filled by Jenny Collins. From what I know she was a sax player and may have went to Morehead State when she was in school. I believe she taught in North Carolina for a while before coming back and teaching in EKY at Jenkins for the last several years. Very doubtful this move will produce a marching band of any sort.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Martha Dumptruck said:

Pikeville has been filled by Jenny Collins. From what I know she was a sax player and may have went to Morehead State when she was in school. I believe she taught in North Carolina for a while before coming back and teaching in EKY at Jenkins for the last several years. Very doubtful this move will produce a marching band of any sort.

She is an excellent music educator. Pikeville will be in fine hands. I’m not sure marching band is part of the philosophy of that program. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, theblowtorch said:

She is an excellent music educator. Pikeville will be in fine hands. I’m not sure marching band is part of the philosophy of that program. 

They haven't been competitive in a very long time. I looked at their website. Do they even have a marching band? It sounded like they just do pep band during football and basketball season. 

Chad Pence will be taking the position at Grayson County Middle where Angela Nash is moving to Franklin-Simpson. Mr. Pence is a Grayson County alumni on top of working with several DCI corps in the past.

Edited by HyperParachute

2 hours ago, HyperParachute said:

Chad Pence will be taking the position at Grayson County Middle where Angela Nash is moving to Franklin-Simpson. Mr. Pence is a Grayson County alumni on top of working with several DCI corps in the past.

Former Blue Knights brass caption head? I'm all in on Grayson County Middle making state finals this year.

Seriously though, I hope this helps elevate this program even further.

Edited by Unknown

On 6/27/2022 at 9:21 PM, Unknown said:

Former Blue Knights brass caption head? I'm all in on Grayson County Middle making state finals this year.

Seriously though, I hope this helps elevate this program even further.

Yes, same guy, spent some time away and had moved back to Leitchfield, came in to help some when I was there in 2019. Good acquisition for the district.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 9:43 AM, The Stig said:

They haven't been competitive in a very long time. I looked at their website. Do they even have a marching band? It sounded like they just do pep band during football and basketball season. 

You are correct. They haven’t been competitive since the late 80’s I believe. It’s a shame in my opinion, that’s a great school district and community. 

and no, they don’t have any sort of

marching band.

7 hours ago, Martha Dumptruck said:

You are correct. They haven’t been competitive since the late 80’s I believe. It’s a shame in my opinion, that’s a great school district and community. 

and no, they don’t have any sort of

marching band.

1993 actually, having last made finals in 1990 placing 3rd.